What happened to fletching glue?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Longtrad

Re: What happened to fletching glue?

#16 Post by Longtrad »

I can get duco here anytime for a bit under 3 bucks a tube, I like fletch tite better though. Super glue has worked well for me but i hate getting it on my fingers.

I think my next go I will try tape and then just add a dab of glue or epoxy on the end of the quills. hopefully I will get cleaner fletchings that way.

RMSG sells a whole mess of glues, the shipping is very fast from their store to my house so I use them a lot for orders.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

Like stated earlier Clay that Duco works great on wood & cane but not much for carbon or aluminum. I finally found some fletch-tite at Dicks. I love the tape also on Carbon.

Shadowhntr

#18 Post by Shadowhntr »

Clay, I too think Duco only really works good on certain sealers on wood shafts. Like you, I use fletchtite, superglue, and I think its called G2 by Gateway on other shafting. All it is, is a gel type super glue.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mitch Edwards

#19 Post by Mitch Edwards »

I just use the loctite super glue on carbons and wood. Fletch tight on aluminum. For some reason duco never sets up for me. Maybe I got a bad batch

Jamesh76

#20 Post by Jamesh76 »

Some Walmarts carry Duco, Family Center here (farm store) has always had it, sometimes ace or Westlake hardware stores.

stumper

#21 Post by stumper »

My walmart carries it near hunting season. Just saw two bottles the other day.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Gamestalker

#22 Post by Gamestalker »

I've always used Fletch Tite. I bought a new tube last year thinking that I was out. When I got home & was going thru my stuff, I found a tube that was hardly used. Now, I've got two tubes with one of them still unopened.... durn'd CRS disease acting up again! :oops:

Ole Dave

#23 Post by Ole Dave »

Don't know on the fletching glue, but I had some inside experience/information on the other adhesives.

I used Barge cement for years for varied things...then got a bad tube that wouldn't do squat...posted on another site and WOW!

Turns out that the solvent in the GOOD glues that made them stick was causing brain damage to the "huffers" who sit around trying to get stoned on sniffing glue...so the general user public was penalized by having the Govt require they remove the solvent that made it good to protect Johnny from huffin his brains out...

Dunno, but for sure the ingredients on an old tube of Barge and new sure changed! Many of the great things I used to get have gone by the way side in adhesives... I had enough stock of NPV and Fletch-Tite Silver I didn't need any...now I do and there isn't anywhere around that seems to carry it here...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Longtrad

#24 Post by Longtrad »

I recently got my hands on a bottle of nvp arrow cement. Seems like it sets up more rubbery for lack of better word.

Is this good stuff?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#25 Post by Carpdaddy »

Longtrad wrote:I recently got my hands on a bottle of nvp arrow cement. Seems like it sets up more rubbery for lack of better word.

Is this good stuff?
Not familiar with it myself, if no one else answers then I guess you will be the tester.

Return to “All about arrows”