Glue on adapters for more weight

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Mohawk

Re: Glue on adapters for more weight

#16 Post by Mohawk »

I feel your pain! I'm hitting low with my new, heavier arrows too, beyond 15 yards. I just haven't shot enough at 20 to get my brain tuned in yet.

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

I do the same thing fellas. 40lbs is not much to be pushing 700gr arrows down the lane. Like you both, I need to do much more shooting at 20-25 yards. I started that this weekend and did start seeing several 20 yard bulls and my groups moved up. I shot a ton this weekend.

However being a tinkerer, I ordered 6 Beman ICS Bowhunters in 500 spine. They are much lighter per inch then GT Traditional of the same spine, and a bit smaller diameter.. If it comes together as I've figured...i should end up with a 617gr arrow with roughly 365gr heads. That way my arrows total weight drops 87gr, and with a head weight only 35gr less then on the 704gr GT I'm shooting now... the FOC should be through the roof, with a much flatter trajectory.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#18 Post by Carpdaddy »

Some of the pictures I posted last week on the green Apple thread was me hitting some small apples from 20 yards. But that is shooting light 435 grain arrows. I shot them some with weight tubes getting another 90 grain but couldn't get consistent flight and keep hitting low. I have some heavy hunters with 300 up front that weigh 700 grain, then some CE 150's with 250 up front weighing 530 grain. Both are dropping too much above 20 for my liking and are ruining my internal sights. I will continue tinkering but if I don't figure something out I will be using this bow and light arrows for targets and another heavier weight bow for hunting. That is unless those who preach 10 grains per pound convince me, so far I'm not content hunting with a 435 grain arrow.

Return to “All about arrows”