Bare shaft tuning Ara **broadhead flight test**

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Longbowfanatic

Re: Bare shaft tuning Ara **broadhead flight test**

#16 Post by Longbowfanatic »

dahyer wrote:So my arrows were flying pretty good out of the new bow but I was convinced they could be better. So I took my bare shaft and a couple fletched arrows and made a singular adjustment. Why did I stop after one adjustment??? Well when your fletched shafts do this three times in a row from 18 yards and the bare shaft is flying pretty well too. Well you stop.
I learned my lesson. I shoot the broad head tipped arrow first, then the field tip. LOL. Nice job!

Graps

#17 Post by Graps »

About 6 months ago, I got some brand new arrows, installed my broadheads and decided to shoot a couple into my layer target.
Shot two and they were smack in the bullseye.
Pulled them out and the second arrow had split the first one from about 5 inches up from the head.
Didn't even think about that, but I ruined a new arrow on the first shot. :cry:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#18 Post by stumper »

graps wrote::shock: Dave, are you hunting Labradors?
Yes but he keeps ducking my arrows.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#19 Post by Carpdaddy »

I damage arrows sometimes also, but mine is usually from missing the target and hitting something unplanned! :lol: :oops: :oops:

Longbowfanatic

#20 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Carpdaddy wrote:I damage arrows sometimes also, but mine is usually from missing the target and hitting something unplanned! :lol: :oops: :oops:
When I shoot a group like that, they're usually in one of the bullseyes that I wasn't aiming at. :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#21 Post by Carpdaddy »

Longbowfanatic wrote:
Carpdaddy wrote:I damage arrows sometimes also, but mine is usually from missing the target and hitting something unplanned! :lol: :oops: :oops:
When I shoot a group like that, they're usually in one of the bullseyes that I wasn't aiming at. :lol:
:lol: :lol: That reminded me of a Robin Hood I did a few years ago, drove one arrow right into the back of the other one! Both missing the bullseye bad!! :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

Longtrad

#22 Post by Longtrad »

Lucky! I always have to retune arrows when I get a new bow, pain the butt I tell ya.

Shadowhntr

#23 Post by Shadowhntr »

Longbowfanatic wrote:
Just do what I do...tell everyone you are spot shooting....wherever they go, thats where I was aiming!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#24 Post by Graps »

Pat McManus shoots randomly around the target in anticipation of the deer jumping into the shot .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#25 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Pat McManus shoots randomly around the target in anticipation of the deer jumping into the shot .
Does that work?!!!! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “All about arrows”