Woodie spine question

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Shadowhntr

Re: Woodie spine question

#16 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yep..exactly as Graps said, if you are in the ball park, and start up 7-10 yards away from the target and work your way back as you tune...you won't break the shaft. I cannot think of a time I've ever broken a woody bare shaft tuning....at least not from hitting too much sideways. I can think of a couple I broke from missing the whole target while tuning, and striking something solid! That only happened once or maybe twice. :oops:

I've read numerous times before how you can't tune wood shafts bare shaft method, from risk of breakage. When I read that, I instantly throw my head back and laugh. It must be a figment of my imagination that I've tuned dozen upon dozen upon dozen woodys bare shaft.... :lol:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longbowfanatic

Re: Woodie spine question

#17 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Shadowhntr wrote:Yep..exactly as Graps said, if you are in the ball park, and start up 7-10 yards away from the target and work your way back as you tune...you won't break the shaft. I cannot think of a time I've ever broken a woody bare shaft tuning....at least not from hitting too much sideways. I can think of a couple I broke from missing the whole target while tuning, and striking something solid! That only happened once or maybe twice. :oops:

I've read numerous times before how you can't tune wood shafts bare shaft method, from risk of breakage. When I read that, I instantly throw my head back and laugh. It must be a figment of my imagination that I've tuned dozen upon dozen upon dozen woodys bare shaft.... :lol:
:lol:

Return to “All about arrows”