Day dreamin and bow schemin

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Jose

Re: Day dreamin and bow schemin

#21 Post by Jose »

Shadowhntr wrote:Jose, it looks fantastic! ....but....I don't know if you noticed or not, the shelf is on the WRONG side!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: ......I agree!

Longtrad

#22 Post by Longtrad »

As bowyers is resale value of your bows something that you consider? I guess I hadn't thought much of it.

Watching this Ed Scott interview has led me to even more day dreamin, I bet that guy would have some interesting stuff to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt0n9W8KHS0

Jose

#23 Post by Jose »

Interesting question... I believe resale value of bows is probably much better for the big name brand companies. Most of my customers shot my bows prior to ordering. This allowed us to design the bow qualities directly to that customer. The majority of my customers prefer grip designs, shelf designs, etc. specific to them. Small adjustments here or there to dial the bow in exactly to their wants prior to finishing. Most of my customers own multiple bows which I made for them. Usually it is the same specs to their previous bows but maybe different woods or poundages. Guess it is like guns, don't know of to many that own just one... ;) Reality is, unless someone knows me or has shot my bows, Flatline Bows is just another name. I believe that is where my customer base comes in, custom to me is not "one of these three choices". Custom is exactly that "custom". From what I have experienced they tend to keep the bows and just add to the collection.

Shadowhntr

#24 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ive never seen a USED Flatline bow up for sale in classifieds! I keep waiting, and watching though!

Ive mulled around the idea of a really nice bow again, I miss my Black Widow. Maddogs are a great deal for the money, but looking at Jose's and Kirk's bows, Maddogs arent even in the same ball park as theirs are. Ugh....the struggle!!!!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#25 Post by stumper »

I think osage would look awesome with red cedar
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#26 Post by Longtrad »

The struggle is real!

Return to “The Bowyer”