I popped the question/ Pic and review are posted now

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Shadowhntr

I popped the question/ Pic and review are posted now

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

Lately I been gettin REAL antsy. Antsy like I aint been in a while. I don't know if it is in the air, or what, but I got a hunkering fer a new bow. Not just any bow, but a real top shelfer. Ive struggled in secret now for a while. Soooooo many great bowyers out there any more. I liked it better in the old days where you just had to choose between Bob lee, Black Widow, and Bear. Now days its un-stinking-real the options that exist. I hope I dont hurt feelings here, when I say I have window shopped and narrowed to 2. Yes.... one is the ol Black Widow Longbow, and the other is the Toelke whip. I have an empty hole years old now, over being forced financially to sell my Widow . Yet the Whip is calling to me like a long lost friend. Sooooo much I like about the whip.....so I popped the question to Mama.....well, though she didn't come right out and say yes.... she didnt say NO, and I could see it in her eyes.....she's willing. ... C'mon Tax returns....
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: I popped the question .....

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good timing with Christmas coming soon, you best be prying around trying to find something really nice for her. DO NOT point out that your taking her out to the most expensive place around, the Hospital! That could land you there!

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Carpdaddy wrote:Good timing with Christmas coming soon, you best be prying around trying to find something really nice for her. DO NOT point out that your taking her out to the most expensive place around, the Hospital! That could land you there!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

She didn't say "I Do" yet, so you'd best be on good behavior.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I kinda played a mind game too. You guys would be proud of me! Part of my scheme, involved telling her id just sold one of my recurves. Never mind it was the Samick Red Stag, for $100....IT WAS A SALE.... and thats all that matters, thank you! :twisted:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Smooooottthhh!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Shame on you, takin' advantage of the missus like that!
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Its not like I lied to her. I told her which bow and how much. In her eyes though, if I dont get rid of a bow to get another, they will wind up cluttering the whole house up!

She cleaned the closet out a couple days ago. I have #2 maddog with bacote hanging on said door top. Somehow, she knocked off the bow, it came down and wacked her right in the noodle. She has a sore lump. I asked her straight way if my bow was ok....lol! But that kind of thing is why numbers of bows are more important to her then cost.

Ole Dave

#9 Post by Ole Dave »

Shadowhntr wrote: wacked her right in the noodle. She has a sore lump. I asked her straight way if my bow was ok....lol! But that kind of thing is why numbers of bows are more important to her then cost.

Son, Sounds to me that you need a Man Cave where you keep your chit! Stop putting things in places she has to deal with them... out of sight, out of complaint...and noodle thumpin! :roll: :twisted:
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Shadowhntr

#10 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ole Dave wrote:
Shadowhntr wrote: wacked her right in the noodle. She has a sore lump. I asked her straight way if my bow was ok....lol! But that kind of thing is why numbers of bows are more important to her then cost.

Son, Sounds to me that you need a Man Cave where you keep your chit! Stop putting things in places she has to deal with them... out of sight, out of complaint...and noodle thumpin! :roll: :twisted:
Tell me about it Dave. Ive been wanting out of this little "cottage" for a while now. No room. Its just not gonna happen until her Mother is with the Lord and wont be needing us anymore. I sure hope and pray a man cave is in my future.

Return to “The Bowyer”