Need a little help

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Kamn

Need a little help

#1 Post by Kamn »

I know I'm new here and its probably asking a lot BUT Im wondering if any of you fine Gents have or know someone who has a Ben Pearson "Golden Sovereign" series bow????
What Im trying to find is a really good condition and visible decal that is on the limb of the bow so a high quality picture can be taken and then have a new decal made??

Looking to restore the finish on the bow to a like new state down the road but thought I would start trying to hunt a picture of this decal down so reproduction can be made

Cheers

Longtrad

Re: Need a little help

#2 Post by Longtrad »

I have never seen that bow so I can't help there but I bet one of the people in the bow restoration business such as bow doc or bow hospital might now a source for vintage bow decals.

Kamn

#3 Post by Kamn »

Thanks Longtrad

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

No worries, I also have been in the process of restoring an old bow. Mine is a 1961 kodiak, I've been working at it for about 6 months now, just doing a little at a time. How is yours turning out?

Kamn

#5 Post by Kamn »

If you need decals for your Kodiak, there are a few guys out there that have them. Let me know if you need some names or emails

My restore hasn't started, I like to get what I need and then do it all in a shorter period of time
I will post pics and a thread when I start

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Kamn wrote:If you need decals for your Kodiak, there are a few guys out there that have them. Let me know if you need some names or emails

My restore hasn't started, I like to get what I need and then do it all in a shorter period of time
I will post pics and a thread when I start
I'd like to see some pix of this! It would be really cool if you started a resto thread, beginning with "BEFORE" and ending with "AFTER". There are plenty of bow building threads out there, but restoration threads? Not so much.
Aim small, miss small!

Kamn

#7 Post by Kamn »

Will do when I get started, and I will do my best to take as many pics as possible

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Kamn wrote:Will do when I get started, and I will do my best to take as many pics as possible
That would be very interesting, looking forward too it.

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'll certainly be interested and following along if you do Kamn.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “The Bowyer”