Where did our bow builders go?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Shadowhntr

Where did our bow builders go?

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

I been missing the bow building action (and just being part of TH too!) from dayher and Kamn. What's up fellas, long time no see! Miss having you guys around!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Where did our bow builders go?

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hey! :lol: :lol:
Yep; must be a busy summer, sure would like to see an update though.

Kamn

#3 Post by Kamn »

Morning Gents,
my apologies for my absence around these parts. I have popped in here a couple of times but just to see whats new, with spring/early summer here I have had a pile of work to get done and haven't had much time to complete my last bow that is just sitting and waiting to get tillered and shaped.
I will be back at it soon and I also have materials on the shelf for another 2 more bows
I did get invited to a shooting range on the weekend and had a great time flinging arrows at 3d targets and meet a few other archers

How have you all been? Well I hope and healthy

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hey Kamn; glad to hear that you are just busy, sometimes sickness and other issues take us out of the game! Fall will be slipping this way before we know it, our necks will begin to swell, and the building & shooting will commence! Life happens to us all, check in and smart off when you can.

Kamn

#5 Post by Kamn »

Lets not use the "F" word (fall) just yet, the weather around here lately has felt like fall with cooler than normal temps and lots of rain......a little depressing.
Some of my work has been going up to the property and setting up a couple of deer feeders and trail cams to see whats coming around. This upcoming weekend I need to go up and fell about 20 or so trees for a clearing that needs the stumps pulled and then graded, and for that I have been prepping my new to me Stihl chainsaws........... one is a MS290 with an 18" bar and chisel chain and the other is a early 70's 045AV that I just put a 24" bar with a chisel chain as well as a ripping chain ( also plan on using it for milling with an alaskan mill setup I have )
There is still more to prep on the lot for the fall hunt like thinning out the forest a little and creating a couple of open areas.

A few weeks back I tore open the tip of my index finger on my right hand which kept me from shooting for 3 weeks, and now that Im back at practicing my finger tips are sore again, but I use a thin leather glove for shooting and need to build up some thick skin again, never liked the 3 finger shooting gloves out there since most are a thick leather and I cant feel anything with them

Have you been building anything Cardaddy?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Funny thing Kamn, I just started two new threads on things you mentioned. Trail cams; asking about antler development, and baiting. If you get any new antler growth picks please post. I haven't built any more bows, done built one to hunt with this fall. Most of mine are built in the winter off season months. I am working on my shooting now, hunting green apples and stumps.

Kamn

#7 Post by Kamn »

Going up this weekend and will check the cams and post anything that I capture
I started prepping a few new Trad looking carbon arrows and need to tune with broad heads

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Hey y'all,
Sorry for the long wait. Man I tell you work has been my murder literally. It's been difficult to get anything done on the bow lately. Summer means increased crime and unfortunately for me that means more work. In addition my oldest 5 is out of school and the infant doesn't start day care till July. Needless to say busy is an understatement. I'm gonna try and get some work done on it today. I am going to order some rawhide backing and clay Hayes book next month. Hope you all are well
d
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Good to hear from you Dave. Keep the faith and stay out of harm's way, bro.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#10 Post by Shadowhntr »

I know you are wanting to work on the bow Dave...but don't feel like there is any pressure from us. We value your friendship above all else. The same goes for Kamn, and every other member as far as that goes. Life happens, we get it. I'm content knowing you guys are ok....we really do worry about our friends, so you be careful and may God grant you protection and wisdom as you are going your way.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “The Bowyer”