A few pix....

Use this area to give and to receive advise involved in taking photos, and making videos of your next traditional bow hunt and how to present them to the rest of us.
Forum rules
Post photography or video questions and advice only.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

A few pix....

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

...from my ground blind where I sat this year (2015) in the first-ever public hunt allowed in the Illinois Beach State Park area. Entries were accepted by mail and names drawn at random. Each winning hunter was awarded a 7 day period in which to hunt from Nov 1st 2015 through January 13th, 2016. There were two hunting areas designated; North and South (both units north of the now-closed Zion nuke plant). They only awarded five tags per unit (ten total) per 7 day period. I never saw another hunter the entire week either in the field or even in the parking area.
Rules were; no more than two buck harvests allowed (with proper tags) and unlimited does/antlerless or fawns, with proper tags. Tree stands had to be at least 6 feet in height and could not be set up pre-hunt. I chose to hunt from a self-constructed (brush) blind. No still-hunting or stalking allowed. Hunting hours were from 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.
It was truly an enjoyable hunt, even though I came home empty each night I got off three shots, saw in excess of 15 deer and had several at spitting distance. The weather was simply spectacular. I drew a first week, north area tag.

A few pix of the area (also posted over in the Campfire section with a complete rundown of the hunt)

View from my blind right before the 'Witching Hour':

My shooting lane:

The view straight ahead:

View of the 'back door'...where the thick brush is:

Goodbye, old friend, it's been a slice!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: A few pix....

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Cool, being out there and away from the daily grind does something good for us mentally.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Nice . Thanks for sharing .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

My pleasure.
I am thankful for the Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources (IDNR) and Illinois Beach State Park (IBSP) for teaming up to allow this hunt to happen!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Photography and video”