Beautiful Hawk from Ragnarok Forge

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
bjorn

Beautiful Hawk from Ragnarok Forge

#1 Post by bjorn »

Clay Walker crafted this beautiful Hawk that I gave Adam as a Christmas present. It turned out great and Adam loves it! :D
Attachments
g_3.6.jpg
g_3.6.jpg (93.06 KiB) Viewed 7836 times

TradRat

Re: Beautiful Hawk from Ragnarok Forge

#2 Post by TradRat »

Wow, that is the coolest looking Hawk I've seen in a while! I like the design of the handle, looks real comfortable.

Does Clay make these to sell?
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

bjorn

#3 Post by bjorn »

Yes he does...........I forget the website but just google ragnarok forge, I think it is there.

Margly

#4 Post by Margly »

That was a really nice hawk :)
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are !

Bowferd

#5 Post by Bowferd »

Bjorn, nice hawk. What kind of wood in the handle? Really like the way the stain took to the wood.

bjorn

#6 Post by bjorn »

The handle looks like Bubinga. We better ask Clay Walker what it is..............maybe he will see this thread.

Ragnarok Forge

#7 Post by Ragnarok Forge »

Bjorn,

If it is reddish it is Bubinga. Keep your eyes on this forum. I just finished a bunch of neck knives and will be finishing up another series of bird and trout, neckers, and small drop point hunters in the next few weeks. I will post them up here. I will try and get some shots of three hawks I have done and post them tomorrow as well. Needless to say I have been busy in the shop. I have another dozen tomahawk / hatchet heads finished up that I need to put handles in. I am bringing all of my winter projects together to finish work and putting on scales and making handles this month.

I need to plan a trip to come see you for some hog hunting. Are you headed to Utah or back up here for elk this year?
Skill is not born into anyone, it is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

bjorn

#8 Post by bjorn »

Bubinga it is for sure then. Clay I can't wait to see what all you have been up to-that is a lot of knives and hawks; they will look great posted here and on your site.
Adam and I are headed to Utah for his hunt......aug 16 to about the 27 th the actual season starts the 20 th and we will scout the first few days-he hunts I shlep and cook. I bring Adam back for school and head to NE Oregon for my Elk hunt around the first week of Sept. Can't wait for fall! How about you whatcha' got planned?

JMartin

#9 Post by JMartin »

Very nice! I like everything about it!

Coaster500

#10 Post by Coaster500 »

Sweet bjorn :)
''Life's tough, pilgrim,and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' JohnWayne

Return to “Knives and Hawks”