Favorite blade profiles? Need ideas.

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Favorite blade profiles? Need ideas.

#16 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good to have lots of friends. Another one with a plasma cutter offered to cut some pieces off for me, found several still laying around. He even got fancy and cut out some wild designs, couldn't find any of those tonight.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

I did however run onto an old contraption I cut out of a skilsaw blade less than 100 years ago. You can drill holes in that stuff. Don't know what I was thinking back then but this is a funny little knife with a walnut handle. Blade never polished down or finished, just laid back.

Longtrad

#18 Post by Longtrad »

I was planning on getting some blanks like these

https://www.ragweedforge.com/k-blades.jpg

and going from there, but now I think I am going to save that money toward a bow and try to cut something out of an old knife or saw blade, I have always wanted small belt knife I could carry horizontal, maybe that is what I will try to do.

I really like the look of that little knife you made, it looks like it would make a great little horizontal belt knife too, and I like how the design would keep your fingers out of the blade when things get slippery.

Longtrad

#19 Post by Longtrad »

I never saw much point in polishing a high carbon blade, I like to watch them patina anyway.

Return to “Knives and Hawks”