Think I have a liking for fixed blades

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
White Falcon

Think I have a liking for fixed blades

#1 Post by White Falcon »

Lets see yours. This is most of my fixed blades.
Attachments
DSCN8457 (2).JPG
DSCN8457 (2).JPG (56.29 KiB) Viewed 594 times

Grizzly

Re: Think I have a liking for fixed blades

#2 Post by Grizzly »

in the kitchen too?

https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... ew&id=3503

The kershaw on the right is the only stainless steel knife and it is a Swedish steel that can pick up rust if you're not careful. Since this photo, i've found another Case 7" butcher knife that is chromed over carbon steel to match the carver. While in a second hand store I found a 12" carbon steel curved scimitar by Foster Bros. probably from waay back that is my favorite melon/squash knife since I'm not breaking down and carving sides of beef.
Attachments
IMAG0757knife rack - Copy.jpg
IMAG0757knife rack - Copy.jpg (69.84 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

I too, like White Falcon have a 5" Case XX. Mine was picked up used at the Compton trading blanket years ago. It is my favorite length and shape for deer. I would have loved to have come accross one of those dual sheath combos like Fred Bear carried.

https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... ew&id=3504
Attachments
download (5).jpg
download (5).jpg (6.47 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

This is the "Melon knife" . Mine has nice dark wood scales, with the deluxe model grooves for a better grip. The rivets don't all match from a repair years ago, but I had to grab it, not knowing why I might need or want such a large knife. Found it for $4.00. They are going for $100. or so on ebay unless you get lucky. These old professional and kitchen knives from the 50's and even earlier are a joy to use. They sharpen easily, hold an edge, take a keen edge and touch up with a few strokes of a steel. Just remember to dry them. On the other hand, all that Chromium in stainless steel knives today, seems to take forever to work into a good edge. Those sit in the corner or in a drawer.

https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... ew&id=3505
https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... ew&id=3506
Attachments
fosterboningknive2.jpg
fosterboningknive2.jpg (57.92 KiB) Viewed 592 times

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (59.26 KiB) Viewed 590 times

White Falcon

#6 Post by White Falcon »

I have a folder melon knife also.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Unfortunately I have lost all my pictures of my knives.
I'll try and get some pictures in the future.
Sorry about that. :|
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Knives and Hawks”