New member of the Case colection.

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
Shadowhntr

Re: New member of the Case colection.

#11 Post by Shadowhntr »

Case fan here...not a collector though just practical use. Nice knife graps and yes....you're packing a set to dig into that knife!

For production blades, their surgical stainless edge held up longer then any other brands Ive tried during countless skinnings of fur bearers. I went through most Camillus and their off shoots, and most of Bucks American line and for me Case was the best. Still not as good as some custom knives I own but for a production knife they are nice. For fur I eventually went to $10 Dexter Russell skinning knives both straight and serrated blades. They hold up decent and I dont mind sharpening them hundreds of times instead of grinding away all my nice Case blades.

I have an Orangebone Trapper and a Trapper in Wood.

I also have a Greenbone red insignia Copperlock I love.

Got their Leather handled Sheath knife drop blade with mushroom handle cap and its ridiculously nice.

Thanks to Graps I got a very sweet Whittler but unsure of handle type. Love that thing too.

I've only had 2 of Case knives in my hand I didn't care for but mostly because of feel or look. That was their full sized folding Hunter in carbon on Brown bone and their Hammerhead Black.

My brother is a Toothpick fan. He has all sizes and they are one sweet blade that gets extremely sharp.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Knives and Hawks”