Ouch!

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
White Falcon

Ouch!

#1 Post by White Falcon »

So I sharpened my 3.5 Trapper yesterday. Had it on the counter and knocked it off. Yep stuck in the top of my foot. Lots of blood, and a week feeling, between my wife and me got bleeding stopped. Can move my foot and toes, so hope no damage.
Swelled up good today.
Attachments
DSCN8714.JPG
DSCN8714.JPG (48.65 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Ouch!

#2 Post by Elkman »

Oh Man! I bet that hurt. :shock:
I hope you"ll heal up fine with no other damage.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Oh, dang! That's the Neanderthal version of shooting yourself in the foot!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Ah yes, self inflicted wounds.
I can laugh at that because I have done things like that.
I dropped a thin three inch long clip blade on my lapel once. Stuck in my left thigh.
Was fly fishing and retied a fly, cut the excess line with my 1 1/2 lnch long jack knife and proceeded to close it on my right hip. It didn't close, just pushed the full length of the blade into my hip.
The only thing dumber than that?
Did the exact same scenario a year later. 🤪
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#5 Post by Lowcountry »

I did something similar once. I was working in the attic on something that wasn't going well. Like a child, I got mad and threw my Swiss army knife down, with the intention of sticking it in wood decking. I got the angle wrong or something, and the knife didn't stick, but instead bounced up. I watched in slow motion as the knife bounced up, flipped over, and fell point first into the top of my big toe.

Ouch is right, but I said other words, and learned that big toes bleed more than you would think.

Graps - every time I close my pocket knife on my hip, I look to make sure I'm doing it with the blade out. I suspect that it's only a matter of time until I forget and do the same thing you've done.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

I recall being about 12 when my dad bought a Swiss Army knife. It had like a kajillion different things on it and I snuck it outside to examine it, which included opening all the blades and tools at once. I had opened every blade and bit except the small pen knife blade, which I pulled halfway open with the fingernail slots, then proceeded to finish the job by pushing on the leading edge of the blade with my index finger... :shock:
All the way to bone, baby. Neat as a surgeon's scalpel, and man, it bled like a stuck pig. I quickly folded all the blades and tools up and put the knife in my pocket along with my bleeding hand and walked back into the house to the bathroom, hoping dad wouldn't notice. After washing the knife clean and bandaging that surgeon's cut with a major bandage job, I happened to notice the huge baseball-sized blood stain on the front of my jeans pocket. Oops... :oops:
Either dad hadn't noticed, or never said anything...
I still have the scar on my finger to this day. :?
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Ouch is right! And I ain’t telling one on myself, don’t think I could top Graps double anyhow!

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Dang....that's gonna be sore!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Dan

#9 Post by Dan »

Ouch for sure. I’ve suffered a few self inflicted knife wounds, they are no fun
255C3E85-BD51-46E4-9E34-DE5EE6FA134B.jpeg
255C3E85-BD51-46E4-9E34-DE5EE6FA134B.jpeg (28.97 KiB) Viewed 392 times

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

A bunch of sadistic people here. :shock: :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Knives and Hawks”