Challenging next three days

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
jaydee2trad

Challenging next three days

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I have a 30 something year old step daughter coming in for the next three days. She had managed 8 years clean time but then she married another woman. Now divorced with several alcohol moments and tons of drama and chaos. She is very self centered and still acts like she should be taken care of hand and foot and my wife usually does. I really struggle with her and her actions. I try to be as consistent as possible in loving her but she is still very challenging for me. my past brain tramau has left me with a few struggles such as little kids screaming or being very jumpy and people like this one. it is like life comes to a standstill to take care of her wants. I usually want to find a hole in the ground to get into and cover up but I have to do my best to help my wife. :( Gotta stay busy and focused! Thanks

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Challenging next three days

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Prayed for this situation you are facing.

jaydee2trad

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Thank you very much. she is very insecure about everything, we are gently trying to open her eyes to what she really needs, an on going prayer in itself.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Been praying for you, Jerry. Keep your light shining, my friend,,,
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

It sounds like you are on the right track Jerry. I've worked with one. She was hard to get along with and very touchy and explosive. There must be a number of underlying emotional reasons that cause them to act the way they do. With multiple generations having been brought up in this one parent, selfish environment, we are seeing more and more unstable young folks not grounded in righteous, Judaeo/Christian principles. I listened to one program where a lesbian went to church. She was so accustomed to being judged and told how to live that when she heard one of the women of the church treat her as another person, without being self righteous and judgmental that she felt able to remain and listen and eventually turn from her old ways.

Just look at how all of us first turned. In my case, I first had to see good qualities in others that I admired and desired in my own life. Qualities I was unable to bring about on my own. They have to see Christ in us and as little hypocrisy as possible. We can stand our ground value wise and discern what is evil or wrong around us but we must do so in a loving, non condemning fashion. All this requires us to change and want to be changed by the one who has the power to remove the chains and bondage's that Satan has been able to use on us through our sinful ways. It does little good to focus on another's wrongs when we have still so far to go ourselves. Kids and adults are not blind to the do as I say, not as I do attitude most of us grew up with. We'd do well to listen to Jesus as He spoke of removing the speck from another's eye while we have a log in our own.

I'm sure she already is well aware that she doesn't have the ability to cope with life's problems. She needs to see stable folks who have that ability and who try to slowly and patiently strengthen her. The goal is always to come out from the dark wilderness of wrong living into the light and the promised land of trust and growth in His Ways. It seemed to take me forever and I'm so thankful for a patient, loving God, His Son and His Spirit who made change possible and still possible.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Prayers”