Original Bear Archery bow quiver

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Original Bear Archery bow quiver

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

As part of the package I got late last week, this Fred Bear Archery bow quiver came attached. Not sure if I'm gonna use it or not, but interesting and somewhat collectible. from what I read:
Aim small, miss small!

scaler

Re: Original Bear Archery bow quiver

#2 Post by scaler »

I would hang onto it, just for the history. If you really want your old bow to look vintage, then it is a must to have that on your bow IMO. Pretty cool.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

I have one for my take down , cool looking but I don't like a quiver on my bow while hunting .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

scaler wrote:I would hang onto it, just for the history. If you really want your old bow to look vintage, then it is a must to have that on your bow IMO. Pretty cool.
I would agree. I think there is some history buried in this bow. Those custom-fletched broadheads aren't just there for conversation pieces. They look well-used.
I mounted the quiver on the bow with the arrows in the quiver to see how it all fit together and I could hear ghosts whispering....

There is a lot of history here; I can feel it. Not sure whose history, but history nonetheless.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Really nice looking combo, if it could just talk!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

scaler wrote:I would hang onto it, just for the history. If you really want your old bow to look vintage, then it is a must to have that on your bow IMO. Pretty cool.
After bolting it on, I've decided to keep it as my bow quiver. It speaks volumes, quietly. This is a total retro package, boys. Gonna stay that way.
Aim small, miss small!

scaler

#7 Post by scaler »

Love the set up, I wouldn't change a thing! Nice banana fletched arrows. Now you need to christen it.

ochi

#8 Post by ochi »

Very nice! I'm jealous. Gonna have to start looking for something like that myself.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Ochi, my son is watching several of these on eBay right now. They are out there. Maybe not as high quality as some of the new leather stuff, but totally retro....and I'm a retro kind of guy.
Aim small, miss small!

scaler

#10 Post by scaler »

I may go on there and give him a little competition!

Return to “Collecting & History”