All you Bear collectors...

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

All you Bear collectors...

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Just picked up this just-released second edition of Jorge Coppen's "Bear Archery Traditional Bows", chock full of all the stats and info on the Grayling bows as well as the famous take-downs and the newer Gainesville bows.
If you are a collector, simply want to pick up a nice used Bear traditional bow, or want to find out more about the Bear you own, this book is for you.
Admittedly, even by the author, much of the info on the early Bears is sketchy and somewhat confusing. Very few records were kept and even many of the original Bear employees could not remember a lot of the exact details, but this info will definitely get you close, if not right there.
Highly recommended!

Available from Amazon Books
Aim small, miss small!

Kybownut

Re: All you Bear collectors...

#2 Post by Kybownut »

I think there was only 15 or 16 factory camo k mags made in 2014 I believe mine is # 14 . Be a nice book to have.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Kybownut wrote:I think there was only 15 or 16 factory camo k mags made in 2014 I believe mine is # 14 . Be a nice book to have.
Whatchoo wanna know, Johnny? I'm an 'expert' now....LOL! :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Ain't got nary Bear but looks interesting.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Yeah, well don't buy any 'cuz you might get "Bear Bit" like I did!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Collecting & History”