Buyers be aware of scams

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Crazynate

Buyers be aware of scams

#1 Post by Crazynate »

Lately I have seen what seems like really good deals on eBay for Bear Archery items sold from China. Yesterday I saw an item that they listed that was mine. I sold it months ago. How they got the pictures and reposted it is beyond me but it was for sale and it was my item. I sold it for 100 bucks and they were asking 13 with free shipping. I contacted eBay and filed a complaint and they are looking into it. But just beware of these sellers in China that have no reviews and who seem to be selling things for and real good price. Also if you try to contact these sellers through a message you won't get a message back from the seller. It's really weird that eBay hasnt removed these people. Just FYI
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Buyers be aware of scams

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

I have been seeing this warning often on other sites, thanks for sharing it here. Getting your pictures is as simple as right clicking on it and hitting save. They are just listing them as theirs at extreme low prices. They open new accounts each time so watch new sellers especially. If it sounds too good to be true; it usually is!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Prolly buying the hijacked hostage pictures from Photobucket.
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

That's probably true lol. Glad other people have heard about this.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

People can be so vicious. Thanks for the warning. I think it would have freaked me out a bit seeing my own pic being used too.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Collecting & History”