Detroit made Bear

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Crazynate

Detroit made Bear

#1 Post by Crazynate »

I don't buy much on the big auction site but sometimes it's the only place to find rare items. Scored another Detroit made Bear quiver and another hard one to find in good shape, a Bear Rover from the mid 50s. Image
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Detroit made Bear

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Great score to add to your already awesome collection!
I’m guessing your wife has many, many, many, pair of shoes! :lol: :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Nice score, Nate! That's one mighty fine collection you have going.
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks guys. I need to find a Bear Alaskan quiver than I'll have all the big ones from the 50s. I've never seen one for sale though.

Crazynate

#5 Post by Crazynate »

Captainkirk wrote:Nice score, Nate! That's one mighty fine collection you have going.
She's not into shoes as much as babies lol. Every 10 bows it seems like another baby comes along. I need to really watch this bow buying business. Haha

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:
Captainkirk wrote:Nice score, Nate! That's one mighty fine collection you have going.
She's not into shoes as much as babies lol. Every 10 bows it seems like another baby comes along. I need to really watch this bow buying business. Haha
My grandma had eleven children. If my grandpa was like you, he could have had 110 bows. Boy, did he miss out!
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#7 Post by Crazynate »

Lol 11 kids is nuts. My brother has 7 and I don't know how he does it. My wife's family are all farmers and they come from big families too. Definitely wouldn't be buying bows with that many kids. I know guys with hundreds of bows in there collections but they're all single.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

Crazynate wrote:I know guys with hundreds of bows in there collections but they're all single.
Ya think? 8-) :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#9 Post by Crazynate »

I don't know if John Lee had kids but he's in his 70s now. I spoke with him on the phone a few weeks ago and he told me he has over 800 bows now lmao. He wants his bows to go to a museum when he passes. Super nice man. How would you even keep track of that many? lol you'd almost have to start some sort of book just to remember what you have. That's hard corp lol

White Falcon

#10 Post by White Falcon »

Very nice!

Return to “Collecting & History”