Crazy thought!

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Crazy thought!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Remember those dime-a-dozen 'glass bows of the sixties-seventies? Like my Baby Ben? (pictured below):

Any chance these will become collectible?
I am amazed at the resilience and accuracy of mine, after almost 5 decades. I'm sure when they were built that nobody intended them to be around this long...but from what I've read on the 'net, they are, and they still perform today as well as they did when Nixon was in the White House! Amazing, if you think about it....
If I saw another one of these at a garage sale, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat!
Aim small, miss small!

scaler

Re: Crazy thought!

#2 Post by scaler »

I am not a fan of them, but for a young kid just getting started, it is a cheaper way to go. I would think the brand of bow would drive its collectability, anything is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

I remember seeing a few of those through the years, never flung an arrow with one though. Probaly fun to shoot but not something to pack on your next moose adventure. :lol:

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Don't know about collectable but I wish I still had my green glass with the yellow handle .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

scaler

#5 Post by scaler »

Old bows are awesome, wouldn't mind having a few of the ones from the 40's.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

scaler wrote:Old bows are awesome, wouldn't mind having a few of the ones from the 40's.
They are indeed awesome. I get a little bit leery looking at used bows on eBay, auction sites, etc...you never know how they were used and abused. I'd feel more comfortable buying one from a knowledgeable person on one of these forums than a complete stranger (who just might be a complete idiot!)
Aim small, miss small!

scaler

#7 Post by scaler »

I am always on the look out at YD sales.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Dating the Ben Pearson "Jet" series of bows

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

A little archival info on dating the Ben Pearson all-'glass bows!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGVf1R_aig
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Collecting & History”