Some items i have done

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
wtpops

Some items i have done

#1 Post by wtpops »

I am by no means a leather smith but I saw this forum was empty and thought I would get it started. Here are a few things I have done. I do this for fun and for myself. I have worked all my life in construction and my hands have paid the price so I do this very sparingly, it kills my hands especially the stitching by hand. Any way here are a few pics.

This is the first arm guard i made.

Same one finished.

Here is the second item i made it is a cross between a side and pocket quiver, it works very well and will carry about 8 arrows.

Same one finished.

I have six children, ten grandchildren and a few pennies in my pocket. I am far richer than most men.

wtpops

Re: Some items i have done

#2 Post by wtpops »

Here are some more:

This is my second arm guard.

This one is the first back quiver i made it was fun.

I have six children, ten grandchildren and a few pennies in my pocket. I am far richer than most men.

bjorn

#3 Post by bjorn »

Way to go pops! That is really good work!

JMartin

#4 Post by JMartin »

Those are some very nice items. You have a talent for working with leather. :P

TradRat

#5 Post by TradRat »

Man that is some sweet looking leather work right there! Do you make stuff for other people? For example, a hip quiver. :D
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

ceme24

#6 Post by ceme24 »

That is really good stuff!

wtpops

#7 Post by wtpops »

TradRat wrote:Man that is some sweet looking leather work right there! Do you make stuff for other people? For example, a hip quiver. :D
No i dont, its not that i dont want to but as i said in my post, my hands cant take to much of the leather work, a life time of construction work as taken it toll on my hands, so i just do it for my self when i need something or get a wild hair.

TradRat

#8 Post by TradRat »

Sorry Rick. I should have deduced that on my own but, by the time I got to the last pic, I was drooling to much! :lol: Still, that's some mighty fine work!
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Tradman

#9 Post by Tradman »

nice work.looks like you take great pride in your work.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

excelpoint

#10 Post by excelpoint »

Beautiful work mate.
It's all about the Journey, a kill is just the end result.

Return to “Leather Crafting”