Paddle sheath for a Markwade

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
White Falcon

Paddle sheath for a Markwade

#1 Post by White Falcon »

Made this yesterday and today for a guy.
Attachments
DSCN4995 - Copy.JPG
DSCN4995 - Copy.JPG (131.39 KiB) Viewed 672 times
DSCN4994.JPG
DSCN4994.JPG (130.1 KiB) Viewed 672 times
DSCN4990.JPG
DSCN4990.JPG (131.38 KiB) Viewed 672 times
DSCN4992 - Copy.JPG
DSCN4992 - Copy.JPG (195.2 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Paddle sheath for a Markwade

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Looks like a handy piece; nice work.

Elkman
Site Admin

#3 Post by Elkman »

Very nice!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

Nice. Now, is that a convertible design? Wear it attached to the belt with the paddle down or in the pocket with the paddle up to make it easy to retrieve?
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

I use them in the waste band and in my pocket. I don't wear a belt often. Could be used in pocket for easy access.

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

That sheath is a great idea. I finally got so tired of loosing pocket knives that before I retired I started using a lanyard long enough for most knife work and fastened it to a belt loop.

One Kershaw Blackout was lost around 2001 until I tore down an out building and spotted it in the leaves in 2017. I sheepishly sent it into Kershaw and was really impressed with their service. It was a Snap-On 2000 Anniversary model. They buffed the blade and replaced everything else. The lock release had rusted in two and the scales had warped. I'd told them how I really liked how that blade used to sharpen up for me and how I had enjoyed that knife before it disappeared. I would have swore I'd lost it while working inside someone's car. The blade was still very sharp after all those years laying on the ground.
images (6).jpg
images (6).jpg (7.19 KiB) Viewed 651 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#7 Post by White Falcon »

Good service and story!

Return to “Leather Crafting”