Charity Archery Tournament

A charity for stricken children and young adults that dream of hunting.
Forum rules
Please do what you can wheather it be a cash donation or items for auction.
LBR

Charity Archery Tournament

#1 Post by LBR »

First I want to say that the Catch-a-Dream is an excellent charity, with 100% of the money going directly to the kids. All the work is 100% volunteer, and office space is donated by Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS. This is unlike many charites where, after executive costs, maybe 10 cents of each dollar donated actually goes to the charity's work.

With that being said....

Our club (the Southern Traditional Archery Association) puts on a charity tournament every year for the Catch-a-Dream foundation. This year (our 8th year to support the CAD) we are selling target sponsorships. Sponsors get a sign at the target station at our two largest tournaments (the Jerry Pierce Memorial and the CAD Charity Tournament) stating they are sponsoring said target--a nice way to advertise for a business, website, etc. We are also offering memorial sponsorships ("This Target Sponsored in Loving Memory of........") at a lower cost. The business sponsorships are $150, memorial sponsorships are $125. After actual expenses, all the money raised goes to the CAD. Last year we raised $5,000 for them--we plan to do much better this year.

If you have questions about the STA or the CAD, just ask me or you can visit the respective sites: www.southerntraditionalarchery.com and www.catchadream.org . If you are interested in sponsoring a target or would like to donate to the cause (cash, auction items, door prizes, etc.) contact me.

The dates for the Jerry Pierce tournament are May 21 and 22, and for the Catch-a-Dream it's June 25 and 26. Both will be held near the Percimmon Hill campground at Enid Lake near Batesville, MS. Plenty of camping, plenty of hotels nearby. Auctions will be held at the CAD, plus raffles, door prizes, and novelty shoots including our "Cry Baby" course in which the winner will recieve a decked-out throwing tomahawk (two winners each tournament--one Saturday and one Sunday, for the high scores for the day).

Again, the CAD is an excellent cause to support. Nobody is padding their pockets for running the show, nobody but the kids are put in the spotlight or get the attention--just as it should be.

Hope to see you there!

Chad "LBR" Weaver

Southern Traditional Archery Association club member and board member

chad@recurves.com

Tradman

Re: Charity Archery Tournament

#2 Post by Tradman »

awesome man..we will definately be sponsoring a couple targets.great cause and great advertisement for tradhunter.com
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

TradRat

#3 Post by TradRat »

LBR, that's great stuff! Wish I lived a little closer, as I would come join the fun.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

LBR

#4 Post by LBR »

It's a great bunch of people and a great cause--I was very pleasantly surprised to see tradhunter.com sponsoring the CAD! The course is different than most I've seen--mostly close, tight shots, more like a hunting situation. Don't let anyone make you think that closer shots can't be just as challenging as long ones--we'll prove it to you! We'll have three separate courses--the tournament course (30 targets), the hunter range (20 targets) and the Cry Baby (10 targets--if you can handle all 10!).

Honestly we make sure that the Cry Baby isn't an arrow-eating monster. Last year I think there was one lost arrow, by a fellow that was new and he accidently released the arrow before he came to anchor. No arrows destroyed...but the shots are intimidating, and you'll have to be on your game to get a high score.

There's a score keeper with every group, and there are no "line cutters"--there's a wire ring around the kill, so you are either in or out. We had men, women, and kids shooting it last year--they all loved it!

Hope to see you there--if anyone has a question, just let me know.

Also, I should mention, the STA books are open to the public. We don't have anything to hide--to the contrary, we are proud of the money we've raised for the CAD. Every year the CAD is our last shoot--we keep just enough "seed" money to get started next year, and everything else we have goes to the CAD.

Chad

LBR

#5 Post by LBR »

I should have mentioned that, for this year's tournaments at least, if you have anything you want to donate and/or want to sponsor a target, I need to get the paperwork done. We have to get the signs made up, etc. and the first tournament is coming up pretty soon--just 5 weeks! That gives me 2-3 weeks max to get the target sponsorships done, but we can take other donations right up until the Catch-a-Dream tournament.

My contact info. is chad@recurves.com or cell # is 662.231.4817. If you want to contribute, my physical address is:

Chad Weaver
2716 Patton Flat/Oakland Road
Fulton, MS 38843

Pay Pal addy is chad@recurves.com

Please attach a note specifying that what you send is for the Catch-a-Dream tournament.

Thanks again!

Chad

AWPForester

#6 Post by AWPForester »

wish i lived closer. great idea. see what i can do.

LBR

#7 Post by LBR »

Thanks--we'll take pretty much anything we can get for a door prize or auction item. I got a really nice hub-style blind donated a few days ago--it will be in the auction.

LBR

#8 Post by LBR »

It's that time of year again! In spite of the economy, we raised $8,000 for the CAD last year. Hope to do as well or better this year! Should have some great items for raffle and auction, plus the three bows we are raffling off. Come join the fun!

Chad

Return to “Catch a dream”