Sometimes it just clicks!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Sometimes it just clicks!

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

A friend of mine after taking a doe this morning with his Muzzleloader decided to go out again to another farm this evening with his bow. The cam got him going in, he climbed and pulled his bow up, and there came the deer! The cam got him again on his way out, note the time frames in the cam... :shock:

Ole Dave

Re: Sometimes it just clicks!

#2 Post by Ole Dave »

How about that...nothing like being where deer are at the right time! :)

I noticed more the blooming temps...we were pretty warm today but I had commitments at church this AM putting together some goodie bags to hand out tomorrow...
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Yep; total turn around today, you can see the temperature on the cam also. Supposed to take another plunge tonight though.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Hahaha! Awesome, esp made it sweet on the trail cam!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

That cam is one of those that sends the picture instantly to your phone when it takes it. The Deer were back in front of the cam an hour later.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Some fellers get all the breaks...
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

what a lucky duck, This must be one of those guys making archery hunting too efficient.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

He certainly does spend some big bucks on deer meat. Those covert cams are not cheap, neither are the newest Matthews bows, or the feeders, and loads of corn. But it's his money and he enjoys it so I'm fur him. :lol: He has hundreds of acres to hunt and I have an open invitation to go with him on any of them. He takes me on week long hunting trips and pays for everything, :mrgreen: it was his side by side that we put so many miles on searching for Elk, and he calls me every gun season and offers me a high tech gun to hunt with, I have taken him up on it in the past and almost always killed deer. Yep he is very high tech and we laugh at each other over our hunting choices but he is a true friend! :mrgreen: I have other friends like him so I consider myself very blessed!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

I get pictures to my phone from some of his cams, look what was hanging out early this morning. He has been coming in most every night.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Dang, Tony! Does he need any more friends?
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”