Sad story in the turkey woods yesterday

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
nm41mag

Re: Sad story in the turkey woods yesterday

#11 Post by nm41mag »

I would think that I built the fence in the wrong place. Around Here people with private property tell me that spring turkey is a 2 hour season with a shotgun(2 birds). The same folks have never yet connected with a bow. Mild winter and lots of fences that keep the coyotes away and the rabbit population needs some serious attention. The corgi has been down with tularemia again.

Jose

Re: Sad story in the turkey woods yesterday

#12 Post by Jose »

Don't know what decoys you have been using but where I hunt I figured out never to use a jake decoy. In years past I used an older full strut and had fairly good luck. It was hit and miss so I thought I would get a a jake decoy. Last year I began using a DSD Jake and it looked really good. Every time a tom came out and saw it they would take off. Then towards the last of season I witnessed several jakes run a big Tom out of the field. It got me thinking and that is why I got a full strut decoy again. This one has brought in two tom's in three hunts like they were on a string. I am wondering now if the jakes have been ganging up on the big birds???

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”