Going to be a good fall!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
47909Hunter

Going to be a good fall!

#1 Post by 47909Hunter »

I just talked to my co-worker, who just recently inherited 300 acres of land when her dad passed away. She's very pro-hunting, thankfully, and has even hunted some herself. She readily agreed to grant me permission to hunt her dad's/now her land!

She says it holds many deer (saw close to 20 the other day she said), and a number of "big coyotes" (that she really wants to see Dealt With(tm)).

I'm very, very excited.

I'm a very new hunter; I only hunted one season, this past one, and on public land. Private land is a dream come true.
Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Going to be a good fall!

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Jon, hang on to that dream! Make sure you do everything in your power to keep it that way. Share your harvest (meat), be respectful of all the property owner's wishes, offer to help with upkeep and even offer (no doubt it will be turned down) to pay for leased access. (you probably know all this already anyway).
You are correct; private hunting land IS a dream come true, just ask any of us who hunt public land...what a major PITA jumping through the DNR hoops and sharing hunting land with some types I wouldn't care to break bread with.
And count your blessings! :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

47909Hunter

#3 Post by 47909Hunter »

LUCKILY the public land I did hunt was only recently opened and due to it's location is not popular at all - so I did have a good experience. But it's an hour away, as opposed to this private land only 25 minutes away. :D
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Man that's great, get that bow sighted in and enjoy it! Congratulations.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Man I had some primo private ground I hunted for 17 years straight. Every season id pass loads of deer. On One morning hunt, I watched 21 deer go by me 12-15 yards away. Most seasons, id have close encounters with 5-7 very nice bucks that would easily measure for Pope and Young....a couple might have been Booner's. What a difference it made when I lost the ground and was forced to go public ground. I still see deer and get a few,, but ive learned to take any opportunity that is a good one, because I may not get another chance all season. Miss them old days....Congrats on a gold mine!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mohawk

#6 Post by Mohawk »

Congrats on the new ground! I hope you have access for many years to come!

Jose

#7 Post by Jose »

Jon, hopefully you will be able to connect with some "fast food" this fall!

47909Hunter

#8 Post by 47909Hunter »

Flatline Bows LLC wrote:Jon, hopefully you will be able to connect with some "fast food" this fall!
Haha, should not be a problem I think!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”