Young mischievous deer tricking old men

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Young mischievous deer tricking old men

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

I haven't had the chance to tell you all about my experience hunting Thursday evening. It seems that the deer were being a bit mischievous. First thing they did was to stand around my treestand so I couldn't get to it. We had just walked through an open field and into the woods, I turned left and Mark right. Just a short walk later I arrived at my treestand to see that deer were standing in front of it, in the open field we had just walked through! Well I spent the next 45 minutes trying to slip up close enough for a shot, but those rascals knew we were there and were watching for my arrival, they won that round and blew at me for a good while to let me know it. Figuring my evening was shot I went ahead and got in the stand anyway. As the sun set I looked around behind me into the field and a big Doe had wandered out into the open, but on the other side of the field out of range of course. Then she began walking up the side of the field to where the only way to see her was to stand up and turn around. I did and watched her walk back into the woods. I was bent over the back rail looking down the side of the tree trying to spot her in case she moved back out. Thinking she may have came out farther up the field out of my sight. Leaning over rump in the air I decided to move to the other side of the tree and see if I could spot her. Little did I know there were two young deer that had slipped right in behind and under me probably looking up laughing and wondering why I was in such a position. Know what those rascals did?... Gave a loud blowing sound right in behind me. I'm glad there were no cameras on me to see the sight they cause! I think they planned the whole thing!

Graps

Re: Young mischievous deer tricking old men

#2 Post by Graps »

That's why it's called hunting .
Those days are more fun than seeing nothing .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Of course they knew you were there! "Hey, Johnny, lookit ol' baggy-britches hangin' his hiney out inna tree!" They prolly had cell phones and you'll be showin' up on YouTube in a couple days or so... :shock: :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

Lol deer are funny. I have had similar experiences in the woods too.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

As deaf as I am, they could have been doing jumping jacks below me and I wouldn't have known! If my eyes dont catch em....im pretty much surprised and caught off gaurd. All them years in a welding and machine shop took its toll on my ears... wearing ear cap protection or not.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

I hear ya Jason , what ....
Me too ..... :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Yeah, my right ear still works pretty well but there's still some noticeable loss on the left side from my 'little adventure' a couple years ago, if you recall. Not that I'm complaining! Deaf sucks, let me tell ya!
As we age, it'll get ya no matter what. You can run but you can't hide.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”