Elkman hunting 2019

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Elkman
Site Admin

Elkman hunting 2019

#1 Post by Elkman »

Looks like no Livingston trip this year. My friend in Livingston is swamped with work. Looks like local hunts this season for Elk.

So my neighbor, his son and I went on a local hunt. We went up in the southern Bitterroot valley on a Elk hunt camping trip. I only went up for 4 days. They were there 2 days before and after I was.

During the hunt I had a few elk close encounters and one other encounter that was quit unexpected.
I went up last Tuesday afternoon with high hopes of talking to a few Bulls and maybe even a shot opportunity.

Day 1 evening.

On the way up to camp there was a small down poor which produced this really cool rainbow.
20190917_175636-01.jpeg
20190917_175636-01.jpeg (129.57 KiB) Viewed 400 times
I was hoping it was a sign of good things to come. When I arrived at camp, my neighbors were already out somewhere hunting so I did a little scouting of my own and decided to walk up a ridge and take a stand along side a trail that I have seen elk use in the past. Unfortunately I saw nothing and heard nothing.

I went back to camp and joined my friends and was updated on what they had seen and heard their 1st 2 days. It sounded promising and I looked forward to the morning hunt.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

stumper

Re: Elkman hunting 2019

#2 Post by stumper »

Tuned in.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”