Greg's 2019 hunting Adventures.

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Greg Felty

Re: Greg's 2019 hunting Adventures.

#111 Post by Greg Felty »

Captainkirk wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:34 pm Do deer dress up on Halloween? :?

Count the legs... :D Best of luck, Greg! Grandson going with?
No, I don't hunt when he's with me.He is under an apprentice license so i have to be with him. The rut is my time. ;) I will try and get him back out later.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Greg Felty

#112 Post by Greg Felty »

Had a doe go by me about a half hour before dark last night. Hoping a buck would follow no luck. I'm getting wimpy in my older age. I decided to sleep in and do a mid day hunt instead of a morning. 25 degrees
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Greg Felty

#113 Post by Greg Felty »

Didn't see anything during the midday hunt. I moved into my good stand for the evening hunt with the south wind. It's in the tag alders. Heard a deer go by about 6:30 then came back through my shooting lane. It was a doe. I could tell something was following her. 5 minute later I see a buck through the alder limbs but couldn't tell how big he was. He came to within 15 yds but not in my clearing and it was getting dark. It sure was exciting.

jaydee2trad

#114 Post by jaydee2trad »

yeah love the close encounters, can really get your heart pumping.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#115 Post by Carpdaddy »

“Gettin old ain’t fur sissy’s, better get tough” A quote from my 85 year old Mother. And I have discovered she is right. Sounds like you are figuring it out also Greg, i’m “wimpy” also!
Best of luck as you continue the chase.

Greg Felty

#116 Post by Greg Felty »

image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 342 times
2021 Went out Friday morning did not see anything but it was great to be back out again, Friday evening i moved to a different stand and saw 5 does, none close enough for a shot. Saturday morning i saw 2 small bucks running together rain was coming in so i packed up and went home. I was using my Weed primitives self bow.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”