Can I post pics with Imgur?

This forum is for using and resizing pics on photo hosting sites.
Longbowfanatic

Can I post pics with Imgur?

#1 Post by Longbowfanatic »

I dumped my Photobucket site for Imgur and I have been struggling to learn to post pics on this fine forum. Can I post pics with Imgur and if so, how?

Thanks!

Shadowhntr

Re: Can I post pics with Imgur?

#2 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yes sir, you can use it. First the photo has to be 640x640 or smaller. I think it requires a home computer (or maybe lap top?) to resize them with imgur.... unless you have a photo resize app and save them on imgur already size appropriate. Otherwise with Android systems resizing via phone isnt possible to my knowledge. Once the photo is sized appropriately and saved on imgur, click on the photo you want to post. There will be a menu bar at the upper left corner of the photo with a green down arrow. Click the arrow for a drop down menu. Choose "linked BB" code. Then just to the right in another bar it will have the URL code. Highlight that code and copy it, and then paste in the window you normally post with on TH forum.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longbowfanatic

#3 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Thanks, Jason

Longbowfanatic

#4 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Shadowhntr wrote:Yes sir, you can use it. First the photo has to be 640x640 or smaller. I think it requires a home computer (or maybe lap top?) to resize them with imgur.... unless you have a photo resize app and save them on imgur already size appropriate. Otherwise with Android systems resizing via phone isnt possible to my knowledge. Once the photo is sized appropriately and saved on imgur, click on the photo you want to post. There will be a menu bar at the upper left corner of the photo with a green down arrow. Click the arrow for a drop down menu. Choose "linked BB" code. Then just to the right in another bar it will have the URL code. Highlight that code and copy it, and then paste in the window you normally post with on TH forum.

Test image

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Nice bow! I think you got it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Awesome! I'll call that a positive test result!
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

Wow sweet outfit! Nice job on getting the pic too! ;)
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “How to load, post and resize pics”