Sad day

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

Sad day

#1 Post by Tradman »

Well...in case you hadn't noticed I haven't been around much lately guys.I had all but given up on this website after four years of not growing steadily.You guys seem to be getting it growing a bit.My wife and I talked about it and I have decided I will be moving on.I am not shutting down the website I am giving it to you guys if you want it.Its only a couple hundred a year to keep the lights on and that includes the security.I will make whoever you guys choose a founder so any changes that need to take place can be done.This was my dream but now its time to move on. :roll: :arrow: I get free coffee for life though.My only request is that you are all equals,you all own it.i realize not everyone can be site admin so youre going to have to choose who will be in charge.I leave it up to you.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Sad day

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wow Chief; sad indeed. Sorry to hear this, sure hope someone can take on the challenge and keep this place open. Jason & Kirk have really poured themselves into it lately, hope they find a way to continue.

Tradman

#3 Post by Tradman »

I will add the fact that I just tonight paid up the hosting and tradhunter.com name for another year.Not sure when the security certificate runs out but I think its good for a while.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Wow indeed! Thanks for not just pulling the plug, Larry. We will put our heads together and figure this out. And stock up on free coffee...
Aim small, miss small!

47909Hunter

#5 Post by 47909Hunter »

:(

I have the technical knowledge and such to help with admin/etc stuff. (I've run many, many forums in the gaming and other hobby worlds.)

I'd hate to see this site go awya.
Traditional #1: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 48@28, Ash and Yew (#12017)
Traditional #2: Flatline Hypertension, 66", 42@28, Bocote and Wenge (#112017)
Compound: 2016 Defiant 30, Black Gold Ascent, 10" Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxxxxxxxx, QAD Ultra, Etc

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

Wow,,,,,,,,sad news. Thanks for letting us know Larry.

I vote Kirk as founder. From there you pick moderator. At this point in time, I dont want it to be me. Ive got some personal issues im dealing with presently and im afraid I will not be on as much as I should be. Thats my $.02 worth.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Kirk has worked the longest and hardest for this site so I'll go with you Jason. But I sure hope things get worked out soon for you because you have been doing a great job as moderator already.

Kamn

#8 Post by Kamn »

I just hope you guys keep this place going.....it needs to stay alive

Tradman

#9 Post by Tradman »

It will stay alive one way or the other.My wifes having second thoughts about me leaving it now I guess so hang tight.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

One way or another...WE WILL SURVIVE!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, fellers!
And Jason, you have done an amazing job moderating this forum.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”