Time for a update

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Kybownut

Time for a update

#1 Post by Kybownut »

Hey guys,as all the regulars know I haven't posted any in quite a while.
Last October I started having a lot of pain on my right side and thought I had pulled a muscle
Or something like that and like always kept working thinking it would get better.
By New Year's Eve I had to go to the E R and on Jan 3 i was diagonosed with 4th stage lung cancer. It had already ate through my ribs on my right side. Now I know where the pain was coming from ! The dr. Told me 6-12 months without treatment , maybe double that with treatment( but we all know who has the final say don't we). I completed radiation and it really helped the place on my right side. I am currently doing chemo and so far it hasn't made me real sick. I just noticed yesterday that my hair started coming out but since I wear some kind of fedora all the time anyway I'm covered there.
The pain gets pretty bad sometimes but the meds I'm on take pretty good care of that.
For the most part I feel pretty good and am trying to stay active and have managed to go fishing a few times and am looking forward to morel season.
I am going to try to be a little more active on here as think you guys are the best .
Keep me in your prayers !
Best wishes Johnny

Mohawk

Re: Time for a update

#2 Post by Mohawk »

Hello Johnny, I am somewhat new here, but what you just wrote really hit me. You keep fighting the good fight and enjoying your fishing and morel hunting! We'll keep sending up prayers!

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Oh, bad news.....but you are right, so many times God has made doctors prognosis invalid. As you can Johnny, live your life and do those things that make you who you are, the things that you love. Keep the Faith, and look to God to, not make you stronger, but to actually be your strength. You know our prayers are going up for you.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Johnny it's nice to meet you. You have a rough hand of cards right now, but that does not define who you are. Can't wait to dig in to some of your advice and knowledge. Also you will be in my prayers for your illness. Keep fighting, keep writing, and keep smiling.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Dang, Johnny...bad news indeed! We've really missed you here. I'm amping up the prayer machine as we speak for you, buddy! Anything is possible with God...keep those spirits up and know that you have friends here.
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#6 Post by Jamesh76 »

prayers sent for you.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

You know me well Johnny and also know that it's only by Gods grace and miracles that I'm still here. This time last year I posted a thread like this one, I called it silence of the Carp. But as you know this big mouth is still flapping! Preached twice yesterday with it. Don't believe everything they say, believe God. If he is through with us then fine, if not we will keep on keeping on.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Oh and by the way, don't worry about the hair, I've seen you, we done ugly anyhow!!

nm41mag

#9 Post by nm41mag »

I'll put you in my prayers. Ive been down this road with lots of family and friends. The one thing I can say is the fight is only over when you quit fighting. Back into it's corner beat it down.
PS I am pretty ugly even with some hair.

Kybownut

#10 Post by Kybownut »

Thanks for all the encouraging words!

Return to “Campfire”