What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

What did you do today?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, pretty obvious that archery/trad hunting activity is down or we would have heard about it here, right?
But I assume for the most part that the majority of you are still alive and breathing, so...
If you didn't do anything trad related, what did you do that was NOT trad related?
Worked? Went fishing? Mowed the lawn? Here's your chance to tell us all what goes on when you DON'T have trad bows on the brain! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: What did you do today?

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Since today ain't even half over, I'll start with yesterday...
Dragged out the mower, weed eater and the blower and went at the front yard for the first time, then applied a pretty heavy coat of Turf Builder. I aim to hold on to my title of being the only house on the cul-de-sac without a bounty crop of dandelions. Of course, one thing leads to another and before I knew it the sun was going down. And today I woke up feeling like I got run over by a truck. My motorcycles kept giving me furtive glances but I was a man on a mission and kept my nose to the grindstone. It's looking to be one busy, busy summer.
How about you, men?
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#3 Post by Longtrad »

Well yesterday I Unstrung my Pika in an attempt to keep myself shooting it to let my shoulder heal up. Somehow I managed to find my trusty old mad dog and shot that instead lol, I think I prolly ought to unstring it and hide it In the closet as well.

I also ordered some fishing supplies of eBay some 5/0 extra wide gaps, some shakey heads, and a 60 pack of senkos! What color of lures do you guys like best? last year I had lots of luck on baby bass (green pumpkin on top, pearl white on bottom) I couldn't decide so I got a mix pack.

Hope to get out on the lake this weekend and try to catch a nice largemouth

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Staying away from the bows while you are healing is a difficult task, Clay. It's so easy to con yourself into believing you are better before you are and undoing any healing you have accomplished. In my case it was tendonitis and it required an actual honest 2 month layoff.
Was it hard? You bet. But worth it to be able to return to shooting without further injury.
Aim small, miss small!

Ron Kulas

#5 Post by Ron Kulas »

Building targets, designing changes to a new drop away rest. Working at my real full time job, tapping the kitchen and dining room in advance of painting it for the wife.
The Joy is in the doing.

Longtrad

#6 Post by Longtrad »

Sounds like you are a busy feller Ron!

Oh man Kirk, the struggle is real! I am having a heck of a time trying to keep these bows out of my hand. I am not even trying to con myself into thinking I am healed up, I know my shoulder is jacked up and still going at it :lol: :lol: what a dumb dumb :x :x

Kinda starting to think about getting a lefty or maybe a dual shelf bow, probably wouldnt hurt to balance out the other side of my body anyway.... idk thought may be too much frustration

Shadowhntr

#7 Post by Shadowhntr »

Well here is a short list if you really care...lol!

Dealing with stress from a power struggle at work.

Dealing with stress over contemplation of internal transfer of job position.

Dealing with stress from my Mother in Law slowly dying.

Still not over the effects of this flu.

My sister in law is being treated for breast cancer, 2 years after my wife went through it, and that brings a lot up including more stress and worry.

Wondering how my son and his new wife are going to make it financially, and we are broke enough at this moment we are not much help.

Still have 3 turkey tags to try and get filled. I could care less how. Shotgun, crossbow...whatever.

We have a camper that we are paying a pretty large payment on, and cant even seem to get it out. Why buy it?

Today is my wife and I's anniversary of 30 years.... and we dont have money to do a thing, nor will we get to see each other much because my wife is taking care of her mother out of necessity...

I havent done anything trad, except stare at my bow hanging there a few minutes every night before I flick off the light to try to sleep.

Shall I continue?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Mohawk

#8 Post by Mohawk »

Good grief shadow that's a lot on the ol plate!
Clay, I hope you get healed up quickly and catch a hawg or 2 while waiting.
I started out doing real well once I got my arrows built, shot every evening for a while. Not sure what happened or when, but I put the bow up one evening and haven't touched it since. I been getting ready for spring cleanup where they haul your junk away. It came and went last weekend and they didn't take my brush. So I'll have to deal with that eventually. My daughter made cheer leader so I been trying to help her sell stuff for her fund raiser. Mom had her Easter party last weekend so I was helping her get ready for that. I built one of them flimsy steel sheds to hold my outside stuff while I tear down the two turd sheds and put up some sort of structure. Spent the post work afternoon today tearing apart the washing machine trying to find out wth is wrong with it, turns out a sock plugged the pump! I'm gonna have to kill me a turkey and try to get boo her birds killed too.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Shot some arrars, supported some Doctors, did some honeydew's, and shot some arrars again. Took a boy for a haircut after picking up from school, then to basketball practice. Cooked supper for ailing wife, that was a $5 pizza fro Ltl Squeezers! Tried to help out some needy folks without supporting the wrong things, give no cash, only food. When they ask for money for food and then don't want food offered it's usually a bad sign. Then as darkness fell I flung a few more at last light. I like shooting when I can't see where I hit until I walk up to pull the arrows. Oh yea; I made another string using B50 rather than fast flight to see if that helped my issue.

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

Dang Jase, sounds like you need to come fishing with me this weekend and try to forget about some of that stress for a while!

Might not turn out this weekend though, weatherman forecasting snow.... crazy weather in the spring time here, 85 and sunny one day, blizzard the next.

how did the b50 string change performance CD? Anything easily noticeable?

Return to “Campfire”