What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
jaydee2trad

Re: What did you do today?

#1431 Post by jaydee2trad »

after 3 eye surgeries in about 30 days, not allowed to do very much. sure is killing me to not be able to shoot.

White Falcon

#1432 Post by White Falcon »

Mowed 1/2 the plaace.

jaydee2trad

#1433 Post by jaydee2trad »

with the wife's help, made a very short 3 ft tall stand to hunt a thick spot with. just used nothing but scrap and it turned out pretty good for what it is.

White Falcon

#1434 Post by White Falcon »

Taking my wife to the eye DR. today.

Greg Felty

#1435 Post by Greg Felty »

Picked up some hickory and started splitting into staves
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

White Falcon

#1436 Post by White Falcon »

Got a lot to cut today.

jaydee2trad

#1437 Post by jaydee2trad »

well, had 5 eye surgeries in less than a year so far. now the corner of the eye lids of my left eye are sewn together permanently now. this was a pretty painful experience as they had to shave the inside of the eyelids first. we managed to brush in my new short stand this morning using cedar trees. you can walk within feet of the stand and not know that it is there. plus I have plenty of cover to hide my upper body and do away with any skylining. it is all for a maximum of 12 yards shot and as close as 3 yards. I also brush hogged a clean path down the ridge top to my stand as well as an open area next to it. the 2 wheel hog is a super heavy duty weed eater and does an awesome job on the grown up mess. I was pretty whupped when I quit and was walking around the truck to get inside some AC when I snagged my foot. How can you fall in slow motion and hit so hard? I am still pretty sore but no broken bones.

White Falcon

#1438 Post by White Falcon »

Just got back from Maine. Great time with the wife.

jaydee2trad

#1439 Post by jaydee2trad »

trying to get some practice in with the bows, still pretty hard to focus on anything correctly. I still shoot the best with the Kodiak but trying hard to make the Osage bow shoot better. I plan to hunt with the Osage and hope to take a deer with it.

White Falcon

#1440 Post by White Falcon »

Deboning some turkey wing bones for call.

Return to “Campfire”