What did you do today?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jamesh76

Re: What did you do today?

#1411 Post by Jamesh76 »

Worked on a little plains style native american bow, made a string, sealed 9 wood shafts.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#1412 Post by Carpdaddy »

Lived to see another Birthday! I’m am blessed.
Happy Birthday #62 to me!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#1413 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:43 am Lived to see another Birthday! I’m am blessed.
Happy Birthday #62 to me!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#1414 Post by White Falcon »

H.B.D.

jaydee2trad

#1415 Post by jaydee2trad »

Put on a big venison roast to slow cook with the works for a big feast this evening with my brother and father. will make some bread later today.

jaydee2trad

#1416 Post by jaydee2trad »

Been hitting the exercise bike pretty hard, it is outside but under a roof. I hammer it hard for as long as I can then cruise as I catch my breath. Just trying to be able to walk better with my bad foot. In between sessions, I worked on a loose hang on stand that wobbled pretty badly. Got it tightened up and ready to use. will use it with a short 4 ft ladder out back. I also took a lot of pulled pork and extras to my son's inlaws, the mother n law went to the doctor Monday and got a breast removed yesterday. Yesterday we went to the river about 25 miles away and cut a bunch of river cane to be used for arrows.

jaydee2trad

#1417 Post by jaydee2trad »

went to go see the doctor after emergency surgery on my eye. Everything looked good so far.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#1418 Post by Captainkirk »

jaydee2trad wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:52 pm went to go see the doctor after emergency surgery on my eye. Everything looked good so far.
Wait, what? Emergency surgery? Sounds serious, Jerry.
Hope you are OK?
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#1419 Post by Jamesh76 »

Got some of my junk staves out of the shed. Roughed out a few bows, cut a few into fireplace wood.

jaydee2trad

#1420 Post by jaydee2trad »

Ended up with emergency surgery again Saturday night. They ended up just totally replacing my cornea. it all started when my Cpap mask managed to somehow press against my eye while I slept. I drove back about 160 miles in heavy rain, truck hydroplaned bad once and tried to several more times because the rear tires were worn. So new tires today and a new headlight. going back to doctors tomorrow. Sad but had to start all over on the healing process, takes a year to heal plus a month of a 10 pound weight lifting limit. I still have one good eye so that is good. Also trying very hard to lose some weight and have lost 25 lbs so far but got more to lose. wanted to tie some crappie jigs but can't see good enough with my eye like this. need to be practicing some shots but not allowed to. But eating some mighty fine watermelon right now.

Return to “Campfire”