Shots you will not take

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Shadowhntr

Re: Shots you will not take

#31 Post by Shadowhntr »

Agree 100% with Tom. I too have found blood trails disappear during rain...and it doesn't take a gulley washer either.

I don't LIKE wet fletching but I can deal with it ok....or break out my goose feather arrows for the occation.

I have also found my bow a bit slick and harder to hang on to during rain....thats actually cost me a bad hit once. I could use something on my grip but I hate covering up beautiful wood. Besides....I don't like water running down the crack of my......well you get it.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#32 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:21 am Besides....I don't like water running down the crack of my......well you get it.
:?: I have no idea what you are referring to, Jase. "The crack of your"...bow? Quiver? Arrow shaft? :? Please do elaborate in detail and perhaps show some close-up photos. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait...nevermind. :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#33 Post by Longtrad »

I'm going to step in here and kindly beg that you refrain from sharing those close up photos

Shadowhntr

#34 Post by Shadowhntr »

Ah phooey.....ya'll would fall in love... :lol:

Besides I don't want you all making fun of my tramp stamp.... :shock: :lol:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#35 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:00 pm Ah phooey.....ya'll would fall in love... :lol:

Besides I don't want you all making fun of my tramp stamp.... :shock: :lol:
Excuse me boys...I think I'm gonna lose my lunch... :o
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”