Stranded

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Stranded

#1 Post by stumper »

Today unbeknownced to you, you will be stranded in a frozen tundra with zero hope of returning to civilization. You are to spend the rest of your days surviving, until god calls you home. Luckily all your trad equipment has survived the crash along with your family. You can see a small cabin in the woods and it has long since been abandoned. Soon the cabin will be the shelter that you make your bid at survival in. The question is what trad equipment do you have with you i.e. bow, tab, glove, etc... I guess an easier way of saying this would be if you could only shoot one bow/tab/quiver for the rest of your life; what would it be? Feel free to be detailed.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

Re: Stranded

#2 Post by Graps »

I think I would want my Flatline Hypertension Longbow. No glove or tab would be with me.
But I would only use that as a last resort. I would use my outdoor skills to provide me with food and clothing.
I probably have a couple of knives with me and a sharpening stone.
I would make traps and snares from cordage that I would make as well as use a rabbit stick whenever possible to take small game.
I wouldn't at all rely on the bow for survival, too many things could go wrong with that.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#3 Post by White Falcon »

Any recurve, cedar arrows, Eskimo heads, my outdoor skills. I hope I have my steel with me, or I still can make a friction fire if I have to. Also a good axe.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Like the others I could wish for other more needful things over a bow and shooting equipment. However since you phrased the question as you did....

It's probably zero surprise that I would choose the Whip...and my American Leathers buffalo big shot glove. I could make due without an arm gaurd pretty easily....but I'd at least make one eventually from some harvested animal.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Probably my beat-up old Grizzly. I've shot that ol' bow more than any other.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”