It’s official

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

It’s official

#1 Post by stumper »

Left handed bows from here on out for me. I’m pretty much as accurate lefty as I was righty after just five shooting sessions and I’m shooting instinctual now. But I have retained my right handed skill so I can pick my poison. I just love when everything comes together, I may want to trade some of my existing right handed bows for lefty’s aka my grizzly or slick stick for left handed bear bows or versions of the same.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Crazynate

Re: It’s official

#2 Post by Crazynate »

I come across left handed Bear bows all the time. I'll keep you in the loop if your looking for one
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

That's great that it's working out for you.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Crazynate wrote:I come across left handed Bear bows all the time. I'll keep you in the loop if your looking for one
I do appreciate that it would be nice to have an inexpensive back up left handed bow like a grizzly, Montana, or k mag. As for primary bows, man I haven’t shot anything that can lick the feet of that cardiac arrest. Whooo boy does it shoot sweet. Then again I may keep all my right handed bows so my kids can have their pick when they graduate to a hunting weight bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Want to adopt me? :lol: :lol: :oops:
I’m surprised that you have been able to shoot a lefty this soon, I would have thought it to take much longer. I tried some but my left shoulder refused to let me try much, sure felt strange at first. I was able to shoot decent but I think it would take me a long time to feel comfortable. Good work.

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Carpdaddy wrote:Want to adopt me? :lol: :lol: :oops:
I’m surprised that you have been able to shoot a lefty this soon, I would have thought it to take much longer. I tried some but my left shoulder refused to let me try much, sure felt strange at first. I was able to shoot decent but I think it would take me a long time to feel comfortable. Good work.
Carp I won’t lie,First session was incredibly awkward and I hope nobody was watching. Second session my body was like ok so we are doing this now??? Third session it started to feel normal and was getting good results, but realize every time I walk pass the bow in my house I pick it up and draw it back. You force yourself to do something hundreds of times it starts to feel normal. Then session four was incredible, lot of things coming together pie plate accuracy to 20 yards and I thought to myself. Man I can hunt now!! Fifth session the bow is an old friend. Now the results I’m getting are on par with my right hand, but I would say things are still more fluid in my right hand. But that will come with time. Carp you are surprised as I am. I based this whole thing on an educated guess because of my pistol shooting.

Jose

#7 Post by Jose »

I wish I could shoot left or right. That would be a great option for those times of sore shoulders.

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Flatline Bows LLC wrote:I wish I could shoot left or right. That would be a great option for those times of sore shoulders.
Well for not shooting lefty, you make excellent left bows.

Return to “Campfire”