A fun weekend ahead

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Longtrad

A fun weekend ahead

#1 Post by Longtrad »

Going to the big city this weekend and if everything goes well I will be making a trip to RMSGear. I always love to go there are check out all the different bows, It's easy to get overwhelmed and it's easy to over shoot and tire your arm out while you're there.

I did a quick look at their bow selection and it looks like they have some real winners for me to try out, some toelkes, centaurs, holm made recurves, some cool vintage bears, pronghorns, and I even saw a shrew.

cant wait!

stumper

Re: A fun weekend ahead

#2 Post by stumper »

wow pics or it didnt happen
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

That sounds like a good time.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

+1 on the pix, Clay. Just thinking about all those bows gets me all giddy.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Nice....Ive wondered about a few of them bows myself. It will be great hearing your take on them.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Be careful; those things tend to follow you home!

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

Carpdaddy wrote:Be careful; those things tend to follow you home!

I'm already trying to think of ways to justify bringing a new bow to the rack, lol, maybe if I sell off some bows I dont shoot very often.... :)

I'm excited to do a comparison between the other shorty r/d bows like the shrew and 56" pronghorn compared to my pika and see how they stack up. A lot of times the bows I am interested in are too heavy for me to really enjoy, but it looks like they have a good spread in the 45-50 range this time. tomorrow will be the day.

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

Hope you have a great day there.
I woud like to see that place myself.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Very excited for you!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#10 Post by Longtrad »

Well I'm on the way back home from the big city. I almost didn't get to go the archery shop because of snow and bad roads but I decided to hell with safety and braved the icy roads. I didn't take as many pics as I had intended but I did snap a few. Things are so busy in there I just get caught up in the moment. I had them help me tune some arrows to my bow, then took a few of their inventory bows out to the range.

I gotta say some big name bows were pretty underwhelming and some were everything you could hope for. The centaur I got to take for a test drive was at the top of the stack. My goodness what a sweet shooter that bow was. As carpdaddy would say, it got me lusting for sure.

Return to “Campfire”