Let's talk turkey.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Let's talk turkey.

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:30 pm
Shadowhntr wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:06 pm Is this thread for archery turkeys only?
Well its not for frozen turkeys. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#22 Post by Graps »

Well, where are the turkey kills? :P
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#23 Post by Lowcountry »

I've killed a few. This year was my best with a bow to date. I was able to successfully miss two gobblers. Lol.

First time I've been able to draw and get an arrow off. Unfortunately, I was not able to draw unseen on either. I had a chance on the first one but just plain missed, but the second time, the gobbler was gone before the arrow arrived. Without a blind, I don't know how you can draw your bow unseen. I'm getting closer though.

Graps

#24 Post by Graps »

Lowcountry wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm I've killed a few. This year was my best with a bow to date. I was able to successfully miss two gobblers. Lol.
You didn't miss, never admit that. You just fired warning shots. ;) :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#25 Post by Lowcountry »

Graps wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm
Lowcountry wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:40 pm I've killed a few. This year was my best with a bow to date. I was able to successfully miss two gobblers. Lol.
You didn't miss, never admit that. You just fired warning shots. ;) :lol:
"Warning shots" - I like that. :lol:

Return to “Campfire”