stepped in line

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Re: stepped in line

#16 Post by Graps »

:| Aw; come on......
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#17 Post by stumper »

I’ll post pics as I get them. From the mystery Bowyer.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jose

#18 Post by Jose »

8-)

Graps

#19 Post by Graps »

:roll: I wonder who Mr. Bowyer is? :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#20 Post by stumper »

Do I have a reason to use anyone else?? Nope. Doesn’t get better.

gettin closer

#21 Post by gettin closer »

I can't wait to see the finished product. I am in line myself for a poison dart longbow. I have 6 or 7 pictures of beautiful bow woods and I am going to send it to Buddy. I am leaving old choices up to him for something along those lines. That way it is a complete surprise once I open the package and I know he does good work.

Then it will be a surprise for everyone!

stumper

#22 Post by stumper »

It’s gonna be great. Super simple wood combo. I love simplicity. This will be my first true custom from the mystery bowyer. Currently I ha e 2012 and 2015 bows from him that I bought from stock. The bows are perfect and I probably could not have picked them better. I was gonna get another from stock (still may) but I wanted to pick this one.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#23 Post by Carpdaddy »

Just don’t buy the one he is Turkey hunting with right now! Don’t think he can top last years bow, or the video he posted from his Turkey hunt, he may suprise me though!

stumper

#24 Post by stumper »

Longtrad wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:07 pm Red cedar and Birdseye maple! I'm thinking lefty
Very good guesses, you are right on with what I like. However, woods are incorrect and I am not revealing the hand of the bow just yet. Gonna drag this out a bit.

Jose

#25 Post by Jose »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 am Just don’t buy the one he is Turkey hunting with right now! Don’t think he can top last years bow, or the video he posted from his Turkey hunt, he may suprise me though!
:lol: :lol: don't think he would want the one I'm turkey hunting with. It is probably one of the ugliest bows I have ever built! But man does it shoot nice.....

Return to “Campfire”