I’m Tired

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Re: I’m Tired

#41 Post by stumper »

I switched Kirk. I was shooting a 65 lbs bear patriot everyday for a while and a 55lbs grizzly. However a strained my shoulder doing push-ups and could not pull those bows back for months. Meanwhile, I went into a shop and shot a 40lbs Bear Montana and it was such a sweet draw weight I knew I had to switch.

I hear Lighter bows also supposedly help you with form and I can honestly say I’m a much better shooter now.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Arcuites

#42 Post by Arcuites »

Pulling roughly 45# with decent groupings on my BearCat. Very comfortable and in control at that weight with repetition. With the muscle atrophy I've experienced since turning 53, I'm not sure I want to take it much higher and risk injury, but not totally out of the question.... Like you fellas have told me before, with right placement and sharp broadhead @ 40# will do the job no problem ! We shall see...

stumper

#43 Post by stumper »

right placement and 30lbs will do the job, but 40lbs is legal in all 50 states for deer!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “Campfire”