I’m Tired

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Re: I’m Tired

#16 Post by stumper »

I'll give this a shot as soon as I get home.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Tradman

#17 Post by Tradman »

Its the only way to shoot a trad bow in my opinion.Just like playing catch with your kid,all natural.Have to let your instincts do what they were meant to do man.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Tradman

#18 Post by Tradman »

One way to speed up the process is to not shoot the same distance all the time.Go stump shooting.Mix it up.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Graps

#19 Post by Graps »

X2 ^^^^^^^
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#20 Post by Captainkirk »

X3^^^^^^

I love stumping!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#21 Post by Grizzly »

My signature box over on another forum said jokingly, "If you can't remember where you left your shoes and socks, a shooting system may not be for you".

The reason I said that was because shooting systems can increase accuracy at many ranges for folks who are good at judging ranges and "remembering" all the details. I messed up by trying too many systems over too short a time period and my brain and body jumbled all that input up for a while.

The shooters who impress me the most are folks like trained military snipers and special ops personnel who posses minds that can process and retain way more info accurately than I can even dream of. Anyone blessed or trained to keep all that info sorted in the right places and who have really good eye/hand coordination, usually do really well at shooting sports.

Personally, I too enjoy getting into that predator mode and stalking the target like a big cat, where your mind is totally focused on the target and the smallest spot you can see. Now is not the time to mess with the details of the shot, but to trust the arrow to go where you are looking. It's amazing what you can do. I've frustrated compound shooters by hitting a poker chip they had hanging from a string, while they fumbled with sights trying to do the same thing. I love it when you get all focused like that and call a shot through some hole in the brush and hit a ten or call one right between the eyes and land it. Those don't happen all that often, but it's a real hoot when they do.

The first time I noticed this was when I'd go out after dark to shoot a few and the street light behind me would be almost completely blocked by a big spruce tree we had. To even see my target took an intense focus during the shot. I noticed right away that I was shooting better at night than during the day. It was that intense focus that helped me along with learning consistency in form. It helps to have a good coach watch you on a 3d coarse, where you might relax too much and drop one or two parts of your form. A good coach will pick up on that right away and point out your errors.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#22 Post by stumper »

Shots from 5, 10(2 shots), 15, and 20 yards. Coming along.
Attachments
D8B23526-341E-4A97-A19B-858C687A2B51.jpeg
D8B23526-341E-4A97-A19B-858C687A2B51.jpeg (276.11 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#23 Post by Graps »

Looking good. ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#24 Post by Captainkirk »

Looking REAL good!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#25 Post by Carpdaddy »

Good group.

Return to “Campfire”