Deer antler and sterling silver awsome huntin knife

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
75diagg

Deer antler and sterling silver awsome huntin knife

#1 Post by 75diagg »

Heres kinda a dandy initials in the pommel end. The MB Stands for Mark Bonales,,,but its mine also and could be Milton Bradley.
The blade is 4 inch and overall 9 1/2". This is a big massive blade
440C high carbon but also stainless... These blades will take a super edge and hold it for alot of cuts before it gets dull.
Sterling Silver end pommel.
Handmade custom sheath.

I have damasus, 1095 blades actually about 250 knives and I make alot of them.
For serious huntin the only way to go is some type of stainless or real water resistant steel. Unless you carry some Bear grease around with you sooner or later that knife will rust and get pits. I carry S30V,D2,440C and ZDP189 blades in my pack or side.I sharpen knives for everyone. But for myself, I want a blade that will take care of several Big critters before it needs to be sharpened. One can carry a sharpener around in their pack and some WD40 to deal with lesser stain and rust resistant blades, or have something that will last and last..Even make sheaths that hang vertical on my back quiver strap(like a neck knife). My real gemstone handles are the toughest ones of all...Jade is the toughest Gemstone on the planet. Not as hard as a diamond,,,,but can smash a diamond into dust. And the stuff you see In almost every inlaid gemstome handle knife is treated plastic rocks that are pulverized into dust and put back together with glue and pressure..I call it reconstipated rock. Just plastic to mimic the stuff Mom Nature made. Only a handful of blade makers USE real rock.

mbgg75@yahoo.com
Attachments
Marks intial knife pommel.jpg
Marks intial knife pommel.jpg (68.47 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Marks Initial Sedonaweb.jpg
Marks Initial Sedonaweb.jpg (68.96 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

4dogs

Re: Deer antler and sterling silver awsome huntin knife

#2 Post by 4dogs »

Nice lookin knife!

TradRat

#3 Post by TradRat »

Wow, sweet looking knife! Hope you get to break it in this up coming season. Good luck.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Ben

#4 Post by Ben »

Wow--that's too pretty to get dirty------almost! :D

allenvirgil

#5 Post by allenvirgil »

i just love that knife where can i buy that kind of knife?

TradDoc53

#6 Post by TradDoc53 »

That's a beauty for sure!

Return to “Campfire”