One piece

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

One piece

#1 Post by stumper »

Besides the bow, quiver, arrows etc. what is the one piece of archery tackle or accessory that you won’t leave home without. I’ll start, today I dug out all my hunting gear and did an inventory. During the inventory, I found my string tracker (my pick) and mounted it back on the bow.

Living in Louisiana we get a ton of rain during archery season. if I get my first harvest this year, I don’t want to lose it. I have remounted mine the bottom left side of the bow, in hopes of adding a bow quiver to the other side.
Attachments
47B34FDE-0E2B-408C-98EC-9201FE23769E.jpeg
47B34FDE-0E2B-408C-98EC-9201FE23769E.jpeg (143.43 KiB) Viewed 111 times
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

Re: One piece

#2 Post by Graps »

Compass.
It's amazing the few times I didn't have one and wished I did.
One time years ago I was blood trailing a deer after dark. I had my light in my hand and was bent over looking for specks of blood.
Then when I stood up and looked around, I had no idea which way was back to where my truck was parked.
Yep, compass, even if I have a GPS. Those things don't always work either.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#3 Post by Lowcountry »

Flashlight

Greg Felty

#4 Post by Greg Felty »

Rubber boots
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Medication, and water to take it with. :lol: :roll:
I always have an extra flashlight, knife, and ziplock bags.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Flashlight. Always.
Aim small, miss small!

Caddo

#7 Post by Caddo »

It would be a toss up between Compass and Flashlight. Love my string tracker, but could shoot ok without it. Been on my own property, which I like to think I know pretty well, and had it dark as 4 ft up a bull's butt, but wasn't real sure which direction I needed to go! Then we have all of that nasty cactus and no shoulders things that bite, so 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

LD

Grizzly

#8 Post by Grizzly »

In the farm country here a compass is not all that necessary. Back East though, like Graps, you soon learn that using the moss on the dark side of a tree won't get you back out very close to your truck. Kind of rough on the nerves too.

I've forgotten my belt knife and had to rely on whatever was in my pocket. Amazing how they can do the job.

In this more open farm country where I hunt, i'd say binoculars add to the enjoyment of the day.

If we are sticking to the question of archery tackle, it would be one of those stick on arrow holders so that I don't have to climb down to fetch an arrow I bumped off my bow string. Didn't you just hate the sound of an alum arrow clanking down the side of a tree or off the fence or rock at the bottom?
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

Some sort of headgear be it hat, stocking cap, or bandana dew rag.

Dependable small LED Flashlight

pull rope/string if stand hunting.

Knife for field dressing and other needs.

A ball point pen
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Jaydogk9b

#10 Post by Jaydogk9b »

Definitely a compass. They have saved my butt in the woods many times.
Never fear a man with many wepons. Fear the man with only 1, for it is an extension of himself.

Return to “Campfire”