game changer

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: game changer

#21 Post by Captainkirk »

Joe, FWIW I hunt in a brushed out ground blind, not a pop-up. I find a nice big tree trunk to set my stool behind (a split trunk is even better) and brush it out to break up any parts that might be showing. Of course, this means learning the prevailing winds and where the trails/food sources are because any deer coming from the wrong side of the tree is gonna have you for lunch...busted! in 2016 I had three deer walk within 30 yards of me and while they knew something was up, they didn't know what it was or where.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#22 Post by Graps »

I actually think I get more shot opportunity's from the ground.
I think I get busted quite often when I'm in a tree.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#23 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:34 pm I actually think I get more shot opportunity's from the ground.
I think I get busted quite often when I'm in a tree.
I can see that, Dale. When sciatica gets you to squirming around like a worm on a hotplate, it's hard for them NOT to see you up there.
Aim small, miss small!

joe harrod1945

#24 Post by joe harrod1945 »

I am starting to feel I little better but it is going to take time hope not long scary.I am starting to loose interest in bow hunting too much trouble.I am a meat hunter an need the meat.this is not fun no more.I brag about not hunting with a gun if it comes down to it I will for the meat.Do not miss understand me i have plenty of food but i love deer meat.3 families are counting on use to fill their freezers.i hunt legally call in every deer what i do with my meat is my business that how see it.I am not well an I am not playing around this year.have fun guys an stay well.

joe harrod1945

#25 Post by joe harrod1945 »

went hunting Saturday with my ground blind sat for 4 hours seen 2 does .They did not see me or smelled me too far to shoot 30 yds.I had a great time.Still dizzy 1 ear stopped up.I had to go hunting beautiful afternoon.Time in the woods is better then time in a recliner.HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE WELL.WHEN A PERSON IS NOT WELL HE SAYS THINGS HE SHOULD NOT HOPE NO ONE IS OFFENDED.BY THE WAY I HUNTED WITH MY LONGBOW.HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Graps

#26 Post by Graps »

Glad to hear that you got out there.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Greg Felty

#27 Post by Greg Felty »

Glad you made it out also. Get well soon.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Elkman
Site Admin

#28 Post by Elkman »

Good to hear. Go get em.:)
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#29 Post by Carpdaddy »

Glad you were able to get out Joe.

joe harrod1945

#30 Post by joe harrod1945 »

thanks a lot guys.plain on going bow hunting the 22 .once a day is all in the morning.climbing tree is my passion.not walking in the dark just taking my time.do not care if i see a deer just enjoying what god has made.if the time comes to shoot a deer that is fine if not so be it.good place lots of acorns.the moon is almost full so deer could feed in the mornings.i am feeling better but nothing is certain.enjoy one day at a time.time to talk to god in silence. :D

Return to “Campfire”