Just back from a few rough weeks.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
George D. Stout

Just back from a few rough weeks.

#1 Post by George D. Stout »

Well it has been a tough two weeks. I lost my little sister, Franny, to cancer on July 24th, she was 62...still my little sister. Then, on the 26th, my oldest sister, Nancy, passed away after a long bout with Parkinson's Disease. Nancy was 80. Even with the enevitability of death looming to all of us it is hard to lose siblings. We had a memorial today and reminisced about some of the goofy things we did as kids; looking back it is just the blink of an eye to go back to the early 1950's and escape the here and now for a bit. All I can say is I love them, and dang it....I will miss them till we meet again.

The morning after Franny's passing, we awakened to find a little gray kitten on our side porch; nearly starved and sitting in the basket my wife picks from the garden with. We took her in and fed her, and she apparently had been in the cornfield next to our house as she had some corn silk and dried corn in her system. A visit to the vet a few days later gave her a good bill of health and some meds to get her perked up.

We decide to call her Francy...after Franny and Nancy, and I suspect Franny had something to do with getting her from that cornfield to our side porch. At least I want to think so. Tomorrow I'll be sending an arrow of remembrance into the limestone rocks that line the steep of the mountain above our farmland, and say my final see-you-laters....no goodbyes here, we will be together sometime down the road. Getting old isn't for the faint of heart.

Killdeer

Re: Just back from a few rough weeks.

#2 Post by Killdeer »

Understood completely, George. I am glad to see you here (anyplace!) and I am looking forward to your relaying your wonderful and healing walks on the Pennsylvania countryside.

God Bless,
Killdeer
It ever was, and is, and shall be, ever living fire, in measures being kindled, and in measures going out.
~Heraclitus

Coaster500

#3 Post by Coaster500 »

Words are seldom enough but I can only hope to be remembered in such a way...
''Life's tough, pilgrim,and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' JohnWayne

ceme24

#4 Post by ceme24 »

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you work through these times. Little things like the kitten are gifts to help see us through.

wood

#5 Post by wood »

Sorry for your loss George. Condolences to you and the rest of the family.

Ben

#6 Post by Ben »

Condolences and prayers for you and your family!!

Littlebigman

#7 Post by Littlebigman »

So Sorry for your loss. thank you for your words of wisdom.
KWITCHURBELYAIKEN

AWPForester

#8 Post by AWPForester »

God bless you and your family through these hard times. Will keep you in my prayers.

Tradman

#9 Post by Tradman »

Very sorry for your loss george.All we have to remember is that we will someday be with our loved ones again.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

elknutz

#10 Post by elknutz »

Gosh, what a rough stretch. You have my sincere sympathies.

Return to “Campfire”