What a KNIFE!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
AWPForester

What a KNIFE!

#1 Post by AWPForester »

I got my new knife today! I am as excited about that as I am getting a new bow. I have spent many hundreds of $ to get a quality knife and had always been unsatisfied with the production knives. So after many years and knives later I decided to have a American Knife maker make me one. I bought this off a guy in Alambama. It is perfect. Balanced in the hand, great handle that fits the hand, and enough weight to actually handle the big chores. As you can see the blade is a custom deal designed by the knife maker that suits skinning as well as gutting and quartering. It is also heavy duty enough to easily handle the big animals while being designed well enough to still be useful on deer size game. It is also made of High Carbon steel, which in my opinion is a must for a good knife.

It may very well be the single best purchase I have ever made. The knife underneath it is an American made BUCK. It is a 3.5" stockman, used in the pics so you could determine the scale of the Hunting knife.Image

AWPForester

Re: What a KNIFE!

#2 Post by AWPForester »

AWPForester

#3 Post by AWPForester »

This knife is as functional as it is beautiful. If you are in the hunt for a truly superior knife this is the guy to have build it. I just wish I would have found him 15 yaers ago, I could have saved myself alot of money!

Jake Allen

#4 Post by Jake Allen »

Very nice. I am proud for you. It is big though!
I like one a bit smaller for taking apart game. Less chance I
will cut myself.

AWPForester

#5 Post by AWPForester »

Yep the bigger the blade the more chance you got of cutting yourself, and the less sharpening you have to do. It is what you like.

Venator

#6 Post by Venator »

That's a sweeet knife, I like it.

Bone

#7 Post by Bone »

Nice knife!!! Im waiting on a couple being made one particular is made from a horseshoe!!!

wbp93

#8 Post by wbp93 »

SWEET!!!
wbp93

Jesse Minish

#9 Post by Jesse Minish »

Very nice!

Coaster500

#10 Post by Coaster500 »