My New Selway Strap-On Quiver

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
LimbLover

My New Selway Strap-On Quiver

#1 Post by LimbLover »

The quiver arrived on Monday and I haven't taken it off my Hollenbeck hybrid since.

Gordy is a great guy! Upon finding out I wont the last giveaway, I gave him a call and he asked me exactly what I wanted. I'd never owned a Selway quiver so I explained my bowhunting situation and asked him what he'd recommend. He thought his strap-on model would suit me just fine so I ordered the mini 4-arrow version.

I absolutely love it. I've tried several brands but this is definitely my favorite 2-point quiver (meaning both ends are not connected to each other).

The strap system is awesome! No need for modifying them or worrying about tearing. It has two pegs (one on each side of the bracket) which forces the strap to connect on both sides with every wrap. This provides a very snug fit without excess yanking. The rubber make-up of the brackets is also really interesting. I've had some really rigid quivers that never seemed to hold an arrow right. The hood and grippers flex with the arrow to prevent bending (great for us woodie shooters) and are great for eliminating shock. My longbows have very little but the Selway kills it completely. I've never experienced anything quite like it from other quivers.

Ultimately I've very happy and would like to thank Trad Hunter and the fine folks at Selway for the giveaway!!!

BamaBows Royal Longbow
BamaBows Expedition
Hollenbeck Hybrid

http://www.longbowblogger.com

Jesse Minish

Re: My New Selway Strap-On Quiver

#2 Post by Jesse Minish »

:D Nice!

Coaster500

#3 Post by Coaster500 »

I like it, great match!!!
''Life's tough, pilgrim,and it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' JohnWayne

Jim Neaves

#4 Post by Jim Neaves »

Looks good but the arrow clip part is upside down. Or maybe you did that on purpose because the arrows are shorter? I would slide the top strap down a bit, then turn the bottom one right side up. I think it would work better for you.

AWPForester

#5 Post by AWPForester »

I really like them too. My favorite quiver by far

LimbLover

#6 Post by LimbLover »

I did that on purpose. It was an experiment. The quiver looked too spread out on the limbs. It works about the same either way.
BamaBows Royal Longbow
BamaBows Expedition
Hollenbeck Hybrid

http://www.longbowblogger.com

wbp93

#7 Post by wbp93 »

Grate8888 Quivers I own 3 of them they do a good job.
wbp93

Return to “Campfire”