Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Greg Felty

Re: Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

#51 Post by Greg Felty »

The one thing I have learned, the deer are smarter than me. :shock:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

joe harrod1945

#52 Post by joe harrod1945 »

stay away from other hunters go deep in the woods if you can.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#53 Post by Captainkirk »

One thing I learned from Charlie Alsheimer, Deer and Deer Hunting Magazine;

Take a couple apple slices in a baggie with you on stand or in blind. They help curb your hunger pangs on a long sit, give you energy, and cut down mouth odors drastically to help keep you scent-free. To make it even easier, many grocery stores now sell pre-sliced and peeled apple slices. All you need to do is scoop a couple out before you leave for your stand.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#54 Post by stumper »

I keep a big thing of peanut butter in my car as well as bringing apples. When I'm at the truck a peanut butter covered apple in addition to tasting awesome will keep you full for a long time.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Grizzly

#55 Post by Grizzly »

I'd liked to bring a whole apple. Then if I didn't finish it all, I'd just pitch it from my stand. Let something else in the woods enjoy what I didn't finish. Probably a mild form of baiting, but I think one apple core would not get you locked up or fined. A bucket of them would though.

What I had to ween myself from was Hershey's kisses or Peanut Butter Cups. Those things were addicting on stand. I don't think all the movement helped either, no matter how stealthy I tried to be. As strong as the smell of peanut butter is, I always wondered what a deer made of it.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”